Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by diburning
Or even just give more time to Gold status members as a perk? If you've made it to Gold, that means you've obviously spent enough money to not be a fake account.
This. It would be nice if that was a Gold perk.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
How many of us hedge our SBUX shopping loyalty with direct stock ownership? I’ve only had it for a few years and had initially thought of buying it in 2005. Bought UST instead (now they’re a division of MO).
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I could create a new account each day using 10 minute mail if I really was desperate for free Starbucks.

Many of us in this thread have a reputable history in our accounts and have been using it for years, so why not limit the birthday gift time window for new members and then gradually over the years give more time?
I wasn't calling into question the reputation of anyone in this thread since I face the same issue with redeeming the birthday reward and have had Stars redeemed instead of my birthday on my last birthday. One store employee told me they had a customer who created a new account for each gift card he received to claim a birthday reward. Starbucks also requires activity on the account for the previous year to receive the birthday reward good for a single day.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I have been a member since 2015, and that is reflected on my physical Gold card back when those were sent out. However, logging into my account both online and via the iPhone app, it lists me member since 2019 which I find borderline insulting . Anyone else noticed something similar?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
PSA: Stars expire 1 July, so time to spend!
...and I just burned everything that would have expired before September.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I have been a member since 2015, and that is reflected on my physical Gold card back when those were sent out. However, logging into my account both online and via the iPhone app, it lists me member since 2019 which I find borderline insulting . Anyone else noticed something similar?
My app has me as a member since 2012. I still have my gold card.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by TGarza
My app has me as a member since 2012. I still have my gold card.
So it seems like it's a bug in my account. Will try to change it.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by TGarza
No. Starbucks did pause the expiration of stars through July 1st. Without the pause, I would have had stars expiring every month since April. The 2 stores closest to my house have been closed since neither has a drive thru and both stores re opened within the last 2 weeks.
Does anyone have a datapoint(s) as to whether or not expiration was paused? I haven't really followed this too much, but I recall having about 900 * back in late February/early March. I now have about 300*. And I see in my account history that 130 * expired June 2. I suspect stars also expired in prior months (the history is limited, maybe to 30 or so days).

I 'chatted' with Starbucks customer service who insisted that none of my stars actually expired, even though I called out the June 2 expiration.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by lamphs
Does anyone have a datapoint(s) as to whether or not expiration was paused? I haven't really followed this too much, but I recall having about 900 * back in late February/early March. I now have about 300*. And I see in my account history that 130 * expired June 2. I suspect stars also expired in prior months (the history is limited, maybe to 30 or so days).

I 'chatted' with Starbucks customer service who insisted that none of my stars actually expired, even though I called out the June 2 expiration.
Expirations were suspended through 30 June. On 1 July, April, May, June, and July expirations hit simultaneously.

If something is amiss, you could ask for a goodwill benefit of, say, 150 stars unless you have a screenshot showing exactly what you're owned.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Expirations were suspended through 30 June. On 1 July, April, May, June, and July expirations hit simultaneously.

If something is amiss, you could ask for a goodwill benefit of, say, 150 stars unless you have a screenshot showing exactly what you're owned.
I think I managed to use all of mine before July 1 by picking up a bag of coffee. I didn't really need it, but it was June 28 and I figured I wasn't going to stop frequently enough to use the rest of them otherwise.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Star expiration dates messed up my account too. The app showed I had 200 to use before 7/2. I ordered a drink for 150, and then last week the app said over 100 expired on July 2. 🙄
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by lamphs

In the app, click details for the stars balance then scroll to the bottom. In my app, expired points for the last 2 months (0 for both points) and future expiration dates (every month from Aug to Feb) are displayed. Take a screenshot of the expired points for June 2nd and contact Starbucks.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Star expiration dates messed up my account too. The app showed I had 200 to use before 7/2. I ordered a drink for 150, and then last week the app said over 100 expired on July 2. 🙄
The stars expire on the 1st of each month and are posted as expired on the 2nd of each month. The use before date does not include the day of the 2nd. Try requesting Starbucks a courtesy extensions for the expired points.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I was digging around in a drawer last night looking for needlework supplies and thought of this thread when I found a mailer with a physical Starbucks gold card in it right next to a letter congratulating me on making IHG Gold for 2014.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Starbucks Summer Game is back starting 7/21.

http://www.starbuckssummergame.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.