Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Can seafood all-you-can eat buffet ask customers to leave because they eat too much?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can seafood all-you-can eat buffet ask customers to leave because they eat too much?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
My stomach couldn't handle the AYCE Friday's food, either. I tried the AYCE chicken wings at Buffalo's Cafe near here recently because that promo night was also the night of the national championship college football game, and I hit a stomach tolerance limit thanks to breading and flavoring.

The Paris buffet in Vegas used to be a face back when you could pay the $15.99 for lunch at just before 5 p.m. and get the dinner food afterward. It's much more expensive AND not as good today, with the usual story of downsizing the shrimp size and crab-leg size. Not unlike the Myrtle Beach places.

Over in Thailand they're pretty strict about not wasting anything or you'll get charged extra for it, AND building time limits into the system. At Shabu-shi or Oishi they'll give you a receipt with a time you must leave by (75 minutes for the former, 90 for the latter, if memory serves). Thais can really tank up and then not eat for a day or two with places like that.

I passed on Salty's in Portland, Oregon, recently and their Sunday brunch even though I knew it was good. Had gone up from $29.99 to $39.99/44.99. My cheapskate instincts override my stomach around that price point, as I start to wonder whether I can eat enough for it to be worthwhile and, even if I could, is that really a good thing to do at this point.

Would agree with previous observations that Vegas places are getting to be much less of a deal. There's an argument that their gaming revenue (i.e. subsidy source) is way down vs. the 90s and before, but you also have mergers and consolidations and other things being less of a deal as well. Though with all that's being charged in resort fees you'd think they could use some of that money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.