Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:25 am
uk1
Suspended

Char Siu

Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:27 am

Now that looks as good as any Char Sui I've ever had. Well done!!!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:33 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by indianwells
Now that looks as good as any Char Sui I've ever had. Well done!!!
Thanks ... that's really kind. I make it quite often and the airfryer with the aid of a temp probe always makes it perfect.

It saddens me that people on limited means we are now seeing on the TV all the time don't understand how the very best food in life is often the very cheapest. I wish they would give me a job on TV about cooking really well on very very little cash.

Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Pork Belly with a sriracha mustard vin and thyme roasted corn. Nothing green because I forgot to get collards at the store.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks ... that's really kind. I make it quite often and the airfryer with the aid of a temp probe always makes it perfect.

It saddens me that people on limited means we are now seeing on the TV all the time don't understand how the very best food in life is often the very cheapest. I wish they would give me a job on TV about cooking really well on very very little cash.

Very true! I offer a humble pizza, probably cost me less than a quid to make yet tastes far better than Pizza Hut etc at Ł10+ a pop.

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That char siu looks exceptional.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by uk1

Didn't a wise man from the east suggest going to You Tube first ? Then my dear friend you will have a fan following and the blokes at the channels will discover you and your new cooking show " The Frugal Gourmet "^
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Feeling under the weather so I got some broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl from Panera. Annoyingly, they don't actually make the bowl for you if you get it to go, they just give you a loaf of bread and your soup in a separate carton which led to me hacking at the damn thing with a knife.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:23 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uk1
Chicken rending

Rendang!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:53 am

Slow cooked beef with Winter root vegetables in a Guinness & kidney gravy, garlic and thyme roast potatoes with buttered peas & sweetcorn.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:51 pm
uk1
Suspended

Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Went to Q Shack and got a Q Baked Potato with sour cream, cheese, butter and sausage. Plus I may have snuck in a quick beer while waiting on my order
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10

Went to Q Shack and got a Q Baked Potato with sour cream, cheese, butter and sausage. Plus I may have snuck in a quick beer while waiting on my order
What are the items in the smaller left compartment? Mozzarella sticks? (I'm sure that isn't your beer, breaded and fried. )
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:52 pm

Personal size pesto pizza with salami, garlic, onion, tomato, and green pepper (the Halitosis Special, perhaps?) and a green salad from a favorite local pizza place

I sometimes make a full-sized version myself, but with sausage in place of the salami.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by fwoomp
What are the items in the smaller left compartment? Mozzarella sticks? (I'm sure that isn't your beer, breaded and fried. )
Haha no, those are hushpuppies, a staple of BBQ joints: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hushpuppy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.