Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1
Tikka.
It takes a certain breed of trencherman to know that when there's record-breaking temperatures around Indian is the only way to go.
Top marks.^
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:19 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
It takes a certain breed of trencherman to know that when there's record-breaking temperatures around Indian is the only way to go.
Top marks.^
It ain't 'arf 'ot mum.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
Tikka.
Does that beautiful basmati rice come from Mr. Zoji?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:53 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Does that beautiful basmati rice come from Mr. Zoji?
All our rice comes through the Zoji. It is an unbelievable machine that is not a standard rice maker and only owners understand the difference between these and the cheapos. Buy one.

Lovely balmy night here ... we had some Loch Fyne kippers and some strawberries in the garden. Just like the tropics with the advantage of a kipper or two.

Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by uk1
All our rice comes through the Zoji. It is an unbelievable machine that is not a standard rice maker and only owners understand the difference between these and the cheapos. Buy one.

Lovely balmy night here ... we had some Loch Fyne kippers and some strawberries in the garden. Just like the tropics with the advantage of a kipper or two.

Your strawberries are perfect. I must say that's the first non-acoholic beverage I've seen in your photos. Or am I mistaken?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:08 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Your strawberries are perfect. I must say that's the first non-acoholic beverage I've seen in your photos. Or am I mistaken?
Well noticed. Not been drinking much for the last few weeks. That was barley water.

Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
uk1 you are now starting to talk my language. You are doing Indian food now....do let me know when you plan to do vegetarian meal

Those strawberries are absolutely scrumptious ! better than what I picked a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:57 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by HMPS
uk1 you are now starting to talk my language. You are doing Indian food now....do let me know when you plan to do vegetarian meal

Those strawberries are absolutely scrumptious ! better than what I picked a couple of weeks ago.

I'm always doing Indian food!

Indian Indian, Turkish Indian, Greek Indian, Singapore Indian, Chinese Indian, Lebanese India, Malay Indian, English Indian .....

Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BamaVol
You might try pizza sauce next time - adds tomato and sugar sweetness with a slight variation on the ketchup flavor. I throw a few tablespoons into the pan when I'm sauteeing eggplant (with garlic, onions and olive oil). Also makes an interesting condiment for a burger.
Originally Posted by uk1
Some of the pasta sauces are worth looking at for his concoction. For example the ones with tomato and peppers and a touch of chilli and basil. Some of those sauces also make a decent and better pre-made pizza sauce.
Interesting ideas guys, thank you ^

I'm off to Berlin for the weekend so I should find some good eats while I'm there.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:29 am
Suspended

Possibly one of my favourite home-made lunches. A wrap with hummous,rocket salad and cherry tomatoes.
With a nice cup of Darjeeling.
Simple food for a simple soul.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:46 am
uk1
Suspended

Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1

It didn't take you long to get back on the sauce.
Tempranillo - my favourite grape of all time.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
Tempranillo - my favourite grape of all time.
It IS a good one! Pinot noir is still my fave, though.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Went to Only Burger! in Durham with my Dad today. Had a cheeseburger slider and a lamb burger slider and we split some onion rings
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by uk1

I'm always doing Indian food!

Indian Indian, Turkish Indian, Greek Indian, Singapore Indian, Chinese Indian, Lebanese India, Malay Indian, English Indian .....

OK so when can I come over for Indian Veg treats ? ^

Will bring you some masalas.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.