Wiki Posts
Search

Unhealthiest Recipes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Tad's Broiled Steaks
Most of the dishes I order in mainland China (particularly at Hunanese and Sichuanese restaurants) are served drowning in oil. Though those are two of my favorite (by far) Chinese cuisines, it's no ball of fun the rest of the day.

They are very conscious about cooking oil in China that they recycle them.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:36 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=tentseller;19453126]They are very conscious about cooking oil in China that they recycle them. [/QUOTE

The rice too. I knew I didn't order mud carp with my eggplant...meh, I'd much rather eat most of the stuff over there than the sweet neon stuff in the states.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Tad's Broiled Steaks
The rice too. I knew I didn't order mud carp with my eggplant...meh, I'd much rather eat most of the stuff over there than the sweet neon stuff in the states.
I actually find authentic chinese foods much LESS greasy than in the US, however I have done a lot more northern china, I really like it a lot better. Yes the sweet crazy stuff in the US is just horrible. In the north they use almost exclusively sunflower oil which is just amazingly light and drains well.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
[QUOTE=Tad's Broiled Steaks;19454185]
Originally Posted by tentseller
They are very conscious about cooking oil in China that they recycle them. [/QUOTE

I was referring to the people who scope out used oil from grease traps outside restaurants and then resell it in PRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.