Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese of the month club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Cheese of the month club

Anyone have any good recommendations of anywhere I could get a cheese subscription or find good cheeses online?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Are you US based? Have a particular type of cheese(s) you enjoy?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Nothing in particular. I am a lover of all cheeses. Yes, I will be shipping to Miami.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I gave a year's membership to an employee from NYC Based "Artisanal"

http://www.artisanalcheese.com/products.asp?dept=1015

I've enjoyed their restaurants and found it easy.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I gave a year's membership to an employee from NYC Based "Artisanal"

http://www.artisanalcheese.com/products.asp?dept=1015

I've enjoyed their restaurants and found it easy.
I am going to give it a try. If its any good, I will send you what I like as a thank you. pm?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:22 am

Sounds good to me. Hopefully it is appealing to your palette.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm not a big fan on online cheese. So much depends on how the particular cheese was stored and handled, flavors vary from batch to batch, etc. I need to taste me cheese before purchasing.

Have you tried these shops?

http://www.thecheesecourse.com/index.cfm
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Can you order cheese from a supplier or merchant abroad and have it delivered to your US address? Wouldn't that pose a problem for customs?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Short answer, Yes you can have cheese shipped from overseas to US.

I would think that ordering on-line poses the same problems as buying when overseas and shipping home.

In June we were in London and Mr. Balima is a HUGE English cheese fan. We went to a cheese shop and they were more than happy to ship cheese home to us. One caveat, the cheese needs to be pasteurized to meet our cheese making standards here. Mr. balima had no problem shipping home a half wheel of Cheshire and an Stilton. The problem came when I wanted to send home some runny stinky fresh cheeses. The cheese shop immediately knew which cheeses we could send and which ones we couldn't.

So, I would imagine that the same standards apply to shopping on-line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.