Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Recommendations as to the hottest commercially available sauce in the world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 6:07 am
pb3
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Blue - How the once mighty have fallen

Hi all,

Hope this is the appropriate forum for this thread.

As I have West Indian heritage I have a natural appetite for all things hot. The sauces and curries sold in the UK as "hot" are all pitiful as far as I'm concerned.

To date I've been serious impressed by the strength of Dave's insanity sauce. Read an hilarious Flyertalk episode about this sauce here

While this is no doubt the hottest commercially available sauce that I've ever tasted to date its taste to all intents and purposes sucks IMHO

I've just picked up a hot sauce (in TK-Maxx of all places) called "Da' Bomb Ground Zero" that claims to be the "hottest on earth". Haven't tasted it yet so I'm reserving judgement on this bold claim

Any recommendations from the Flyertalk community as to what commercially available sauces are worthy candidates for the title "The hottest sauce on earth" ?

Is there any such thing as the perfect hot sauce that is both lethally hot, yet has a decent flavour?
Old May 2, 2011, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i would assume it be a sauce made from the hottest peppers. i presume the bhut jolokia is still considered the hottest pepper. sauces can be foungd here:
http://www.bhutjolokiaforsale.co.uk/
Old May 2, 2011, 6:45 am
pb3
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pb3

I've just picked up a hot sauce (in TK-Maxx of all places) called "Da' Bomb Ground Zero" that claims to be the "hottest on earth". Haven't tasted it yet so I'm reserving judgement on this bold claim
Da' Bomb... is impressive stuff. Not much in it between this and "Dave's insanity sauce" in the hotness stakes. In fact truth be known... Da' Bomb probably edges it a bit!

Unfortunately Da' Bomb and Dave's Insanity sauce both seem to be based on the same active ingredient. The taste is more or less similar.
Old May 2, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Smile

I'm also partial to a bit of heat from time to time in my food (was quite proud that our instructor at a thai cookery course said I seasoned curries "like a thai"), though I'm guessing that my tastes are but a mere shadow to yours

May I introduce you to ChilliWorld - purveyors of a dizzying selection of hot sauces to the discerning UK public!

As well as the entire product range from FlyerTalk's very own Cholula, they do Dave's Ultimate Insanity, that I've been using to turn my own recipie "chunky chilli" from hot to "on my god!!" for about 5 years now (it's a mere 250,000 scovilles*, but I find that about 5 drops in 2Kg of Chilli is enough to do the trick, so a small bottle will probably last a lifetime). It comes in just under Chilliworld's safety limit, so I did not have to sign their Disclaimer for chilli sauce safety....

...unlike the Dave's Insanity Private Reserve that I bought as a Christmas gift, that clocks in at around 750,000 scovilles, and needed me to sign up that I would only use it responsibly ("With great power....." and all that).

Not tried it myself, but there is always The Source that clocks in at 7.1 million scovilles, and is less of an ingredient, more a weapon of mass destruction!

* - scoville units - based on a qualatative test of "heat" that works out how much a given sample needs to be diluted before it cannot be detected as "spicy" any more. So, 1 scoville unit means that once diluted with an equal amount of inert liquid, it is no longer hot, and, (ahem!) 250,000 scovilles means that you need to dilute 250,000 to 1 in order to mask the heat (!!).

Should you decide to buy any of these high scoville sauces, please, please don't be tempted to taste them undiluted, it's not big, it's not clever, and it will waste months of NHS resources !

Ken.

Willard the Bear - So that's why you put two rolls of tissue in the freezer before you have your chilli, now I understand!!
Old May 2, 2011, 8:54 am

Mad Dog 357 silver collectors edition is around 750,000 scovilles and does taste quite nice. You only need a drop though, it is insanely hot.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:05 am
pb3
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenF
May I introduce you to ChilliWorld - purveyors of a dizzying selection of hot sauces to the discerning UK public!
Thank you for the link! ChilliWorld is an awesome site.

My "Da Bomb Ground zero" appears to be a mere flyweight with a 234K score

I'll definitely give some of these sauces a go - I find it amusing that the food additives require the signing of a disclaimer before purchase.
Old May 2, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA-1P, DL-G, Marriott-PLAT
Tears of Joy

I'd like to recommend Tears of Joy Hot Sauce in Austin, TX they have some great stuff like this one called Austin in August: http://www.tearsofjoysauces.com/augu...uce-p-213.html
Old May 2, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're looking for sauce with actual flavor, in addition to heat, I strongly recommend Marie Sharp's products. Mrs. Sharp is a Belizean lady who started a hot sauce company. THey have several varieties in different heat amounts.

www.mariesharp.com

Here's the hottest one on Amazon.
Old May 2, 2011, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
If you're looking for sauce with actual flavor, in addition to heat, I strongly recommend Marie Sharp's products. Mrs. Sharp is a Belizean lady who started a hot sauce company. THey have several varieties in different heat amounts.

www.mariesharp.com

Here's the hottest one on Amazon.
+1 for Marie Sharp's.

To the OP: It's hard to find stuff both with heat, and taste. It seems that manufactures of the super hot stuff figure that the average tongue is going to be overtaken so much by the heat that it's not worth attempting to add any taste to the sauce.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:37 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pb3
Hi all,

Hope this is the appropriate forum for this thread.

As I have West Indian heritage I have a natural appetite for all things hot. The sauces and curries sold in the UK as "hot" are all pitiful as far as I'm concerned.

To date I've been serious impressed by the strength of Dave's insanity sauce. Read an hilarious Flyertalk episode about this sauce here

While this is no doubt the hottest commercially available sauce that I've ever tasted to date its taste to all intents and purposes sucks IMHO

Any recommendations from the Flyertalk community as to what commercially available sauces are worthy candidates for the title "The hottest sauce on earth" ?

Is there any such thing as the perfect hot sauce that is both lethally hot, yet has a decent flavour?

Here are some of the hottest sauce I have found so far:
  • Adam Krakatoa!
  • African Rhino Peri-Peri
  • Alberta Crude
  • Anal Angst
  • ANALize This
  • ... Blaster
  • ... Kickin
  • ... Reaper
  • Baboon ... Gone Rabid
  • Backdraft
  • Bad Day At Baghdad
  • Black Mamba
  • Blair's
  • Boar's Breath
  • Blue's
  • Butt Pucker
  • Cajohn's
  • Colon Blow
  • Crazy Jerry's
  • Crazy Mother Pucker's
  • Da' Bomb
  • Danny Cash's
  • Dave's
  • Dead Heat
  • Delicious Suffering
  • El Yucateco
  • Endorphin Rush
  • Eve Krakatoa!
  • FATALLI FIRE
  • Fear
  • Flamin' Flatulence
  • Galena
  • Hazmat
  • Holy Jolokia
  • Holy ....
  • Hot As ....
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Hot Sauce From Hell
  • Hottest ....in' Sauce
  • Jolokia
  • Kick Yo ...
  • Krakatoa!
  • Lady Liberty's Fire
  • Lethal Gator
  • Lethal Ingestion
  • Mad Dog
  • Magma
  • Marie Sharp's
  • Matouk's
  • Maui
  • Melinda's Naga Jolokia
  • Micanopy
  • Mongoose
  • MUCHO DANGER
  • Naga Sabi Bomb
  • Nagasoreass
  • NOS
  • No ..... This Is Hot
  • Nuckin' Futs
  • Orange County Choppers
  • One ....in Drop at a Time
  • Orange Krush
  • PAIN 100%
  • Pain is Good
  • Possible Side Effects
  • Predator Great White Shark
  • Pure Cap
  • Pure Habanero
  • Pure Poison
  • Ring of Fire
  • Satan's Rage
  • Screaming Sphincter
  • SIMPLY CHILI
  • Smack My ... And Call Me Sally....The Slap
  • So Sue Me
  • Spontaneous Combustion
  • Submission
  • Tahiti Joe's
  • TALON
  • Tennessee Red Lightnin'
  • Tennessee Whiskey
  • The Beast
  • The Embrace!
  • The Ghost
  • The Legend
  • Trinidad
  • Venom
  • Vicious Viper
  • Wanza's
  • West African VooDoo Juice
  • Widow
  • Wimp Retardant
  • You Can't Handle This
  • Z Nothing Beyond
Old May 5, 2011, 7:26 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
blairs after death
Old May 6, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: *, 1W
Bushman's

My favourite... http://www.taste-africa.com/product_bushmen.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.