Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Things you don't want to hear in front of you in line....

Things you don't want to hear in front of you in line....

Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by lpatron
Plus if both parents were in the car one of them could stay with the children while the other went inside to get the food.
This is true. Although, considering the number of items, they probably would've had to make 2 trips outside carrying it. That said, it's also where a not-too-young child could help, as they could carry some of the items.
Originally Posted by steve4031
I'm standing in line at Walgreens holding a case of bottles water. Order of lady in front of me is rung up.

Her: oh!! Let me fInd my check book.

Me: Sh*^#t!!

Her: stops looking for checkbook and slowly turns around. "I didn't do this on purpose."

Me: that doesn't change the fact that you are unconvincing me."

Her: mutters about my rudeness. And discovers she can't find Check book.

Me: oh Sh+^%^^t!!!!

Her: looks for credit card and swipes it. Announces to me proudly: I used my credit card.

Me: welcome to the 21st century.

She was pissed when she left. Now both of us had high blood pressure.
On the rare occasion I do write a check, I have everything but the amount filled in by the time I reach the register.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by kipper
Originally Posted by lpatron
Plus if both parents were in the car one of them could stay with the children while the other went inside to get the food.
This is true. Although, considering the number of items, they probably would've had to make 2 trips outside carrying it. That said, it's also where a not-too-young child could help, as they could carry some of the items.
Originally Posted by steve4031
I'm standing in line at Walgreens holding a case of bottles water. Order of lady in front of me is rung up.

Her: oh!! Let me fInd my check book.

Me: Sh*^#t!!

Her: stops looking for checkbook and slowly turns around. "I didn't do this on purpose."

Me: that doesn't change the fact that you are unconvincing me."

Her: mutters about my rudeness. And discovers she can't find Check book.

Me: oh Sh+^%^^t!!!!

Her: looks for credit card and swipes it. Announces to me proudly: I used my credit card.

Me: welcome to the 21st century.

She was pissed when she left. Now both of us had high blood pressure.
On the rare occasion I do write a check, I have everything but the amount filled in by the time I reach the register.

Hilarious!!!!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Hilarious!!!!
I'm glad that my suffering in a drive-thru line can bring humor to others.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
So, you're advocating that it is better for them to hold up a drive-thru line (not just me, but the other cars in line as well) rather than deal with the hassle of carseats? I understand that dealing with carseats can be a hassle, but they are part of the responsibility of having children.

As far as allergies and such, if the children have that many allergies and that many different kinds of allergies, perhaps they should not opt for fast food. There's a reason it's called fast food. If your order isn't going to be fast, then you need to do what you can to minimize how much your order will inconvenience others who are expecting fast food to be, well, fast.

The situation was annoying, in part because all I wanted to do was place my 2 item order, pay for it, pick it up, and go home. Had I been on a lunch break from work, the situation would've been far more annoying, because of the very limited amount of time I would have for lunch.

Shouldn't the family in front of me in the drive-thru line have compassion for those behind them in line and realize how their order impacts us?
Yes.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by dchristiva
Yes.
My take on that is, "If you don't want to have the hassle of carseats, don't have kids, or adopt kids old enough that they don't need carseats."
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by excell
You have been to the shopping mall ...which you hate at the best of times and there is a queue to get out of the parking station there are several cars in front and you have been waiting several minutes as it is automatic machine.
Then you are one car away from escape and the lady in front starts to look for her parking ticket, you see her look in the glove box her bag, the sun visor turn to her freind and ask etc. etc. etc.

I am getting livid just thinking about it....
And then thanks to her you are now charged for the additional hour.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by JDErickson
Welcome to XYZ do you want to try a ..... Please order when ready.

ME: Give me a #1 with a coke please.......

Speaker: I'm sorry for the wait can you repeat the order please?

ME: Give me a #1 with a coke please.......

Speaker: Thats a number 9 with a orange drink correct?

ME: No, a #1 WITH A COKE

Speaker: Do you want something to drink with that?

ME: COKE !!

Speaker: Okay I have a #9 with a coke. Would you like an apple pie with that?

Had that happen to my husband while ordering a pick up order from a local take out place staffed by blonde 16 year olds in daisy dukes. He was informed that he was rude by the proprietor before handing over our food. Left her standing there with $70 worth of hamburgers.

Anyways, today in Safeway, lady in front of me. She's got four $10 coupons, but you can only use one at a time...

And from the other end of the counter...
Guy on the phone: Can you check on the status of my 95 Ford pickup?
Me: License plate please:
Guy: I don't know
Me: VIN?
Guy: Don't have it.

Customer stands in line for 30 minutes. Listens to me at least five times telling people if you need to renew xyz, please fill out form abc. He gets to the counter:
Me: Form please
Customer: Oh I don't need it. I just need to renew xyz.
Me: Yes, I need your form please.
Customer: No, I need to renew xyz.
Me: I know, I need you to fill out form abc please.

Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:42 pm

I think I'm coming down with the flu.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:22 am

Long time lurker - first time poster (this thread did it haha)

"Can i get a bwwaauuuhhhh" - guy threw up all over the greasy fast food joint counter....
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by Serpent
Long time lurker - first time poster (this thread did it haha)

"Can i get a bwwaauuuhhhh" - guy threw up all over the greasy fast food joint counter....
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Wondering, was beer involved in anyway?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Wondering, was beer involved in anyway?
Thanks ^

This happened around 4am after a night of partying. I'm sure he was just way too drunk and could not hold it. Even in my drunk state of mind I found it disgusting that i left without eating
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:58 pm

So, you're advocating that it is better for them to hold up a drive-thru line (not just me, but the other cars in line as well) rather than deal with the hassle of carseats? I understand that dealing with carseats can be a hassle, but they are part of the responsibility of having children.

As far as allergies and such, if the children have that many allergies and that many different kinds of allergies, perhaps they should not opt for fast food. There's a reason it's called fast food. If your order isn't going to be fast, then you need to do what you can to minimize how much your order will inconvenience others who are expecting fast food to be, well, fast.

The situation was annoying, in part because all I wanted to do was place my 2 item order, pay for it, pick it up, and go home. Had I been on a lunch break from work, the situation would've been far more annoying, because of the very limited amount of time I would have for lunch.

Shouldn't the family in front of me in the drive-thru line have compassion for those behind them in line and realize how their order impacts us?
You realize in most cases it is faster to just walk in, order, and leave? I do that everytime and beat the car ahead of me, everytime. Drive thrus take forever. Try that next time. Especially if you're on lunch break or have time constraints.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
You realize in most cases it is faster to just walk in, order, and leave? I do that everytime and beat the car ahead of me, everytime. Drive thrus take forever. Try that next time. Especially if you're on lunch break or have time constraints.
It may be faster, but if it's raining or freezing, I'm not getting out of my nice, warm car.

I've found that it usually depends on how many cars are in front of me at the drive-thru. If there's only 1 or 2, it's usually just as quick, because by the time you park, shut the vehicle off, lock it, grab your purse, walk in, order, wait for your food, then walk back to the car, place everything into the car, etc., it's usually easier to go through the drive-thru if there aren't many people there.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
My take on that is, "If you don't want to have the hassle of carseats, don't have kids, or adopt kids old enough that they don't need carseats."
Too late for that. Besides, if it's raining or freezing, I'm not getting out of my nice warm car, and neither are my kids. You'll just have to hope that I'm not ahead of you in a drive-through line.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by dchristiva
Too late for that. Besides, if it's raining or freezing, I'm not getting out of my nice warm car, and neither are my kids. You'll just have to hope that I'm not ahead of you in a drive-through line.
Failure to plan on your part does not mean I should be inconvenienced.

I don't mind if people place an order that is for a few people in the drive-thru, but if it's for more than 3 or 4 (and requires multiple drink carriers, etc), I think it's time to go inside. I do mind, if added to that reasonably large order, people either use several coupons or have special requests for each item. To me, drive-thrus especially should be fast, and as such, should not be used for huge orders (to feed 6) or for multiple special requests.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.