Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Things you don't want to hear in front of you in line....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things you don't want to hear in front of you in line....

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
A local 24 hour McD on a busy commute route requires drive-thru customers to come inside if they have more than 2 special orders or if they are buying 20 or more cheeseburgers on the bargain special days (59 cent special).
That's how it should be.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Gold
At Starbucks, just 1 couple in front of me. Cashier asks for their order.

Woman: I'd like something...refreshing...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by bigdhombre
At Starbucks, just 1 couple in front of me. Cashier asks for their order.

Woman: I'd like something...refreshing...
Well at Starbucks yesterday, "Umm what's in the carmel macchiato" and 3 descriptions later I went out.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:04 pm

"I'm not sure what I want. Can you wait for a minute?"
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by kipper
"I'm not sure what I want. Can you wait for a minute?"
That occasionally happens - if it's me, I ask the next person to go ahead of me.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:26 am

That occasionally happens - if it's me, I ask the next person to go ahead of me.
I should clarify, that was in a drive-thru. There's no allowing the next person to go. If you don't know what you want, go inside.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I should clarify, that was in a drive-thru. There's no allowing the next person to go. If you don't know what you want, go inside.
Ah!

A few chains (Jack in the Box, at some locations) even put up two separate "preliminary" menu boards, in addition to the third one at the microphone/speaker position. You would think that would be enough. But I'm sure some idiots are still not ready.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 3, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:42 am

Ah!

A few chains (Jack in the Box, at some locations) even put up two separate menu boards, in addition to the third one at the microphone/speaker position. You would think that would be enough. But I'm sure some idiots are still not ready.
This was at Chick-fil-A, so it's not as if it's a tough choice.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Last weekend I was "that guy" at the local CVS drugstore. I bought 6 items and had a total of 7 coupons. Five of them were instant-rebate type coupons glued to the items' packaging. Wouldn't you know it, the glue on all of them was awfully strong. The cashier and I took turns picking and prying at them. One or two were damaged in the act so the cashier had to enter the numerical codes manually. Yes, the codes that are 20+ digits long and printed in small type. The register rejected one of the other coupons. I argued politely with the cashier, who told me the coupon wasn't valid because the item was "on sale"; though there was no sale tag on the shelf and the item scanned at full price. As already three different customers in line behind me had rolled their eyes and gone over to the other register I decided I didn't need that last $1 off that badly so I let it slide.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
When standing in line at a retail store with just one register: "Would you like to apply for our store credit card?"

In the OMNI vent thread I've shared my experiences contemplating suicide while in line at my (now closed) local Walmart. The worst was the old lady who had groceries significantly in excess of $50, but didn't seem to understand that you can only buy what you can pay for. She and the cashier then spent the longest time rummaging through her already-packed bags of groceries while playing the "how much was this?" game.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
When standing in line at a retail store with just one register: "Would you like to apply for our store credit card?"

In the OMNI vent thread I've shared my experiences contemplating suicide while in line at my (now closed) local Walmart. The worst was the old lady who had groceries significantly in excess of $50, but didn't seem to understand that you can only buy what you can pay for. She and the cashier then spent the longest time rummaging through her already-packed bags of groceries while playing the "how much was this?" game.
The difference between a sweet person like yourself and the rest of us is that we would be contemplating homicide, not suicide.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:17 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I stopped at McDonalds for a quick (little did I know) cup of coffee yesterday.

The woman in front of me ordered a cup of tea, with instructions that it be exactly 2/5 cold water and 3/5 hot water. The counter person complied. Whereupon she had her do it again, because it was 3/4 hot water.

She then requested one and a half packs of sugar. Counter person handed her two. She complained that she'd asked for one and a half and asked if she could give the half-pack back.

She then proceeded to slowly uncap her hot water, put in the sugar and the teabag, and then told the counter person she'd asked for milk. She was handed a couple of the creamer pods. She said "I wanted milk, not this!" The counter person, the soul of patience, pulled a milk bottle out and said "All we have is this." Lady started to grab for it. Counter person said, "But these are $1.59." The woman was outraged: "You mean I have to PAY for milk for my tea? You don't have milk I can put in my tea?!?" "No ma'am, this is the only mile we have available." Woman rolled her eyes, added the two pods to her cup, loudly huffed away (finally!) -- and left all her tea-making trash on the counter.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
"I'd like to put this on my Walmart card and then pay it off with cash". I've heard it numerous times. As a CC points junkie, I can understand the reasoning but please don't do it when there's a line behind you. I even had the Walmart cashier suggest this in a particularly aggressive sales pitch for their CC.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I stopped at McDonalds for a quick (little did I know) cup of coffee yesterday.

The woman in front of me ordered a cup of tea, with instructions that it be exactly 2/5 cold water and 3/5 hot water. The counter person complied. Whereupon she had her do it again, because it was 3/4 hot water.

She then requested one and a half packs of sugar. Counter person handed her two. She complained that she'd asked for one and a half and asked if she could give the half-pack back.

She then proceeded to slowly uncap her hot water, put in the sugar and the teabag, and then told the counter person she'd asked for milk. She was handed a couple of the creamer pods. She said "I wanted milk, not this!" The counter person, the soul of patience, pulled a milk bottle out and said "All we have is this." Lady started to grab for it. Counter person said, "But these are $1.59." The woman was outraged: "You mean I have to PAY for milk for my tea? You don't have milk I can put in my tea?!?" "No ma'am, this is the only mile we have available." Woman rolled her eyes, added the two pods to her cup, loudly huffed away (finally!) -- and left all her tea-making trash on the counter.
I'd have lost it at the milk and said, "You're at McDonald's, not Starbucks."
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I'd have lost it at the milk and said, "You're at McDonald's, not Starbucks."
Me too. People these days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.