Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I have a weird craving for a strawberry daiquiri. It's probably been ten years since I've had a frozen cocktail.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:43 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Had several Veil IPAs from their visit to The Bruery in DC last weekend. Love their IPAs. (I also have one of their insanely-fruited sours in the fridge for tomorrow afternoon.)

Still need to plan a return trip to BTV; Foam was just out of this world, and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area. Dancing Gnome near PIT was also great. Now, I need to schedule a fall open-jaw to BOS and hit Trillium, and fly out of BDL and drive by Treehouse on the way.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I had my first beer of the week yesterday and chose a couple worthwhile brews. Terrapin watermelon gose. I don’t normally like the flavor of watermelon, but I couldn’t find an IPA that I wanted on the menu so opted to go the sour route. This was a pleasant drink. I followed it up with a lemon weisse sour from Destihl. Very refreshing. Both were 10 ounce pours and under 5% alcohol. I could have stuck around for a couple more but hadn’t eaten since breakfast and had leftovers in the fridge calling to me.

Destihl remains one of my favorite brewers. After I retire later this year, I am determined to take a road trip that brings me by their brewery. I don’t think they’re all that big, but they have outstanding distribution here in NW Florida with kegs in many of the taphouses and cans in many of the beer shops.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by narvik
NATURAL ICE (an Anheuser-Busch product)

At 5.9% alcohol/volume, and a 30-pack cans costing ~U$17.00 it's the most BANG-for-your-buck!
Switched to:

KEYSTONE ICE (a Coors Brewing Company product)

Reason is the same: At 5.9% alcohol/volume, and a 30-pack cans costing ~U$17.00 it's the most BANG-for-your-buck!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by narvik
Switched to:

KEYSTONE ICE (a Coors Brewing Company product)

Reason is the same: At 5.9% alcohol/volume, and a 30-pack cans costing ~U$17.00 it's the most BANG-for-your-buck!
If the goal is to get drunk, perhaps. The goal for me is to enjoy what I am drinking, and Keystone Ice is definitely not going to meet my goal.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
If the goal is to get drunk, perhaps. The goal for me is to enjoy what I am drinking, and Keystone Ice is definitely not going to meet my goal.
The goal may be to encourage your friends to bring their own beer on poker night at your house. This should be effective, if that’s the goal.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol

The goal may be to encourage your friends to bring their own beer on poker night at your house. This should be effective, if that’s the goal.
True. Or, you could just talk to your friends and designate one person to bring good beer each night.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
True. Or, you could just talk to your friends and designate one person to bring good beer each night.
I think you called it correctly the first time. You either enjoy the taste of beer or you drink it to get drunk. But how do you explain the people buying the suitcase of ultra lite? I see that at the beach side grocery stores every time I shop.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol

I think you called it correctly the first time. You either enjoy the taste of beer or you drink it to get drunk. But how do you explain the people buying the suitcase of ultra lite? I see that at the beach side grocery stores every time I shop.
They think they look cool?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Ranier
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Golf course I was at over the weekend had Sam Adams Octoberfest on tap. Given that it was 95 degrees outside, I opted for a Stella instead.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:19 pm

Kirin.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:23 pm
Suspended

I really loved beers in Czech. I can't remember the names but they were my taste.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:26 pm

Brewhouse. Pretty good beer for $1/can + tax & deposit for the case of 15.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Parish (LA) Sunrise. A peach, pink guava, mango and sweet orange sour. Lots going on with this beer. I liked it so well, I did something I rarely do and ordered the same for my second beer. Then I brought home a Crowler of Weston’s Cider Caple Rd Blend #3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.