Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by exerda
I made day trips to PIT and BTV the past week and brought back a ton of Dancing Gnome and Foam beer. So that's a lot of what I've been drinking; fantastic IPAs from both.

My favorites so far that I brought back are Dancing Gnome's Stained Glass Ceilings and Foam's The Fruit That Ate Itself.

My favorite that I had at either brewery was a tie between Foam's Electric Balloon and When I'm Small--the latter an awesomely flavorful session IPA.
This is the first I've heard of Dancing Gnome. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in PIT.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:00 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
This is the first I've heard of Dancing Gnome. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in PIT.
They're in Sharpsburg, just across the river from the northern outskirts of Pittsburgh proper. Great little tasting room, with frequent new beer releases (when I was there on a Saturday, they had to-go cans of 4 or 5 different beers; sometimes they may only have 1 or 2, though). IPA-focused, but the sour and the stout they had on tap were both pretty nice, too.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We took my sister and niece/ husband to The People’s Pint brewpub in Greenfield, Ma on Friday. Amongst the five of us, we tried everything they had on tap. The New England style IPA and the ESB were my favorites.

Back home in Fl after 10 days in New England. Need to dry out for a while.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Ran through some good beers this weekend:

-Fort Brewing Mongo Double IPA
-Stone Revengeful Spirit Double IPA
-Kills Boro Cheat to Win IPA
-Stone Espresso Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
They're in Sharpsburg, just across the river from the northern outskirts of Pittsburgh proper. Great little tasting room, with frequent new beer releases (when I was there on a Saturday, they had to-go cans of 4 or 5 different beers; sometimes they may only have 1 or 2, though). IPA-focused, but the sour and the stout they had on tap were both pretty nice, too.
Thanks. I may suggest meeting there to a friend when we get together for drinks soon.
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Ran through some good beers this weekend:

-Fort Brewing Mongo Double IPA
-Stone Revengeful Spirit Double IPA
-Kills Boro Cheat to Win IPA
-Stone Espresso Totalitarian Imperial Russian Stout
How was the Espresso Russian Stout?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by kipper
How was the Espresso Russian Stout?
Good but not worth aging. I have a Stone imperial Russian stout from my bachelor party that I am still aging, 5+ years and counting.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sixpoint Brewery's Resin IIPA. I really, really like it.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Old Milwaukee
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:52 am

Rageahol IIPA and others from Crooked Run Brewing. Less than 10 minutes from IAD, it's become a regular stop on my way home (unless I'm doing my infamous ORD beer layover). The tacos are pretty good too, so it's one-stop shopping for the best 'American' things I can't get here
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:06 am

Recommendations for local, Indianapolis beers to try?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:19 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by der_saeufer
Rageahol IIPA and others from Crooked Run Brewing. Less than 10 minutes from IAD, it's become a regular stop on my way home (unless I'm doing my infamous ORD beer layover). The tacos are pretty good too, so it's one-stop shopping for the best 'American' things I can't get here
I personally thought the Rageahol was a bit harsh, but that also seemed to be what they were aiming for.

I stopped by there on my way back from the airport a week or so ago; it's very convenient to IAD.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:19 pm

Octoberfest beers are starting to appear.
polkacat likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

A delicious ten beer flight at 10 Barrel Brewing in Boise, ID last night. Amazingly, they have a separate ten beer flight I could have had and even MORE amazingly, this was just $10!
polkacat, pbiflyer and BamaVol like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Cracked Canoe, Moosehead Breweries' award-winning premium light lager. Different is good. ^
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The craft beer scene seems to be sorting itself out a bit in central Ohio. We're blessed to have a plethora of excellent small breweries (and Brewdog!), but some of them lately have gone the way of the dodo.

Not sure that's a bad thing on balance. Too much of a good thing can make for an unsustainable situation. Right now the best beers brewed in Ohio are IMO made by Fat Heads and Rhinegeist, in Cleveland and Cincinnati respectively. Land-Grant and Platform are not far behind, but there are still a bunch of small labels like Jackie O's and Weasel Boy who do a fine job. Good to see that most of them have migrated to cans rather than bottles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.