Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Old Nov 14, 18, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA (Silver), WN
Tried the new Budweiser Copper. Nice color, aroma, and head. Unfortunately a little too sweet.... Perhaps a 7 out of 10....Cheers, Menko
Old Nov 14, 18, 7:17 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, True Blue, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I love coffee and I love beer, but it is rare to find a combination of both that is great.
I just had Hoplife's seasonal offering that had some sort of coffee in it. The first two sips were good but each additional sip just became more and more cloying. It wasn't all bad, just a little too much for me personally. It was one of those beers where it would have been better as a beer slurpee.
Old Nov 18, 18, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA (Silver), WN
Originally Posted by lemieux66 View Post
I Always a few chilled bottles of Augustiner Edelstoff" in the fridge.
Best Bavarian beer from a small brewery.
You gotta try it, when coming to Munich.
What style of beer is this Augustiner Edelstoff???
Never heard of it, after living in Germany for many years!?!?
My preferences are amber colored, heavy hopped, Lagers.
Menko
Old Nov 18, 18, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Treehouse Julius

Great with Indian food last night -- the last of my Treehouse supply that a colleague gave to me as a wedding gift. Will have to find a way up to MA sometime to stock back up -- they were all top notch (though Julius remains my favorite).
Old Nov 24, 18, 4:08 am

A few tallboy cans of Kirin, Asahi and Yebisu from the corner 7-11 here in Tokyo. The Kirin is probably my favorite, and IIRC the Kirin we get in the US isn't made in Japan.
Old Nov 24, 18, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Bill's Brewing Company Bionic Beaver NEIPA -- saw it at the store tonight, quite good, lots of good beer coming out of Wilmington these days
Another one of these -- absolute killer NEIPA followed by another Sip of Sunshine. Think the BBC Bionic Beaver easily held it's own.

Unfortunately BBC Bionic Beaver is a limited release and I can only get Sip of Sunshine a couple times a year when I get up to VT so will have to savor my last 3-4 cans of each
Old Nov 26, 18, 1:25 pm

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
Where are you located? SOS is actually brewed at 2 Roads in CT, it gets pretty heavy distro in new england
Old Nov 27, 18, 10:38 pm

Atlanta has had a recent blow-up of craft beers but no one is pushing out high-quality beverages like Scofflaw. The POG Basement still beats out Tropicalia any day!
Old Nov 30, 18, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
New Belgium's "The Hemporer". It's pretty good.
Old Nov 30, 18, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Slowly working my way through the Aslin Black Friday lineup (7 different stouts) that I stood in line for a week ago... very tasty, if coffee-heavy. I love the adjuncts in these, but wonder why they need so much coffee with all of them. A strawberry or peanut butter stout on its own would be great without competing with coffee (and I love coffee).

Originally Posted by work2fly View Post
A few tallboy cans of Kirin, Asahi and Yebisu from the corner 7-11 here in Tokyo. The Kirin is probably my favorite, and IIRC the Kirin we get in the US isn't made in Japan.
Heck, you can get them from vending machines in Japan--don't even have to go to 7-11!
Old Dec 2, 18, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Platinum Elite; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by amonisis View Post
Where are you located? SOS is actually brewed at 2 Roads in CT, it gets pretty heavy distro in new england
I would second this - Sip of Sunshine seems to be a lot easier to get my hands on nowadays than it used to be. Some random sellers of craft beers a few blocks from my place in Chelsea carry it.

I grabbed some of Stone's entry into the NEIPA crazy yesterday. It's called "Fear Moves Lions"...not sure I quite get the name. The beer itself is pretty good, but I think Stone does West Coast-style IPAs better and should stick with that.
Old Dec 2, 18, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by amonisis View Post
I'm in NC so no luck but we used to live in VT so I get up 1-2 times a year and my parents 3-4 so always get at least a 4pack from each visit and try my best to hoard while also drinking before they go bad
Old Dec 3, 18, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Moosehead Lager, eh.
Old Dec 5, 18, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Rainier
Old Dec 6, 18, 3:34 am

Schneider Aventinus doppelbock. Nice heavy beer for drinking by the fire on cold, wet days.

OT: it is mind-blowing to me how much cheaper beer is in Germany than Belgium. Even a higher-cost beer like Aventinus is less than 1 for a 500mL bottle, and my usual Weissbier is more like 65c. Good thing my trunk holds a few cases.
polkacat likes this.

Search this Thread