Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Duke787
Wise Man Brewing Body Electric. NE DIPA. Very good and similar to the Julius and Sip of Sunshine's of the world.

Not quite on the same level but considering you can't get those down here, this may become my go-to substitute when wanting a juicy DIPA.
Please translate this expression: "Down here"??

Last edited by philemer; Apr 25, 2018 at 8:10 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Cider Boys peach cider. Filled a growler and regretted it. Way too sweet for my taste. I prefer my ciders crisp and this was anything but that.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by philemer
I believe he means in the Raleigh/Durham area

Meanwhile, I'm at a little coffee shop in Warrenton, NC (an hour north of Raleigh) and they have Utica Club. I'm tempted to try it because it's the beer of my dad's college years (he went to Colgate).
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10

Meanwhile, I'm at a little coffee shop in Warrenton, NC (an hour north of Raleigh) and they have Utica Club. I'm tempted to try it because it's the beer of my dad's college years (he went to Colgate).
Probably along with Piel's Real Draft, Rheingold, Schaefer, Genny Cream Ale and Matt's.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
Originally Posted by CMK10

CMK10 is exactly right -- I meant the RDU area. I'd forgotten that I don't have location in my profile lines on FT
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

21st Amendment has a mixed variety 15-pack of IPAs available for 17 bucks in Ohio. Good deal. ^
Old May 1, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm currently in Budapest, and while the craft brew scene here is getting better, it still requires hunting to find the good local beer. I have 3 bars I visit that cover the bases. Thankfully the 24/7 shops sell tall boys of OK ish macro brews for ~$1 so the cheapness excuses it a bit.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm currently in Budapest, and while the craft brew scene here is getting better, it still requires hunting to find the good local beer. I have 3 bars I visit that cover the bases. Thankfully the 24/7 shops sell tall boys of OK ish macro brews for ~$1 so the cheapness excuses it a bit.
At least you don't have to have that internal debate over cheap vs. tasty. Cheap it is. Decision made.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BamaVol
At least you don't have to have that internal debate over cheap vs. tasty. Cheap it is. Decision made.
The whole scale here is so skewed. I can get a good microbrew for ~$3-4 a pint at a craft beer bar (all of 4 of them) or a decently drinkable macrobrew for ~$1 a tallboy. There are definitely worse problems to have. I have a few good HU breweries once I review my Untapped history.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Jasper brewing Co. 's "Crisp Pils". The funky label borrows heavily from an old Canadian national parks logo and colours so thought I'd give it a try and verdict is it's a very drinkable Pilsner.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:17 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Aslin's "Daquari!" which is a sour IPA conditioned on strawberries and vanilla. Bought a 4-pack about 6 weeks ago. It's amazing how much the beer changes between when it was freshly-canned and 6 weeks later; when it was first canned, the hops and the added lactose dominated, with me wondering, "Where is the sour and where is the strawberry?" Tried another can today, and the strawberries were predominant, with the hops faded well back. I found it an improvement, but it could have also been the 92 degree heat here in the WAS area.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The latest GoT beer by Ommegang (Hand of the Queen) is one of the better barleywines I have had - nowhere near as sour as some, and very full-bodied. Big fan! ^
Old May 5, 2018, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Tuborg
Old May 5, 2018, 9:19 pm

Borg Brugghús Nr 30 Surtur (Sheep Dung Smoked). Seriously good despite the name if you like smoked beers. Not overwhelming, just a solid imperial stout.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Borg Brugghús Nr 30 Surtur (Sheep Dung Smoked). Seriously good despite the name if you like smoked beers. Not overwhelming, just a solid imperial stout.
"Sheep Dung Smoked?" Scary.
gfunkdave likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.