Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Record the time for a completed transfer from Club Rewards to the partner program.

OneWorld
British Airways: 2 days (Wed); 2 business days (Fri)

SkyTeam
Delta Airlines: 3 days (Wed)

Star Alliance
Air Canada: 2 Days - Wednesday 1/14 AM to Friday 1/16 after 9 PM
SAS: 13 Days (Thu - Wed)
South African Airways:
Thai Airways:

Independent
Alaska Airlines: 3 days (Thu); 3 days (Fri)
El Al Airlines:
Hawaiian Airlines:
Iceland Air:
Southwest Airlines: 6 business days (Tue); 4 business days (Tue)
Virgin Atlantic: 11 days (Thu); 5 days (Wed) 11 days (Sun); 10 Days (Sat)

Hotels
Best Western: 6 business days (Thu)
Choice: 5 business days (Fri)
Hilton:
Intercontinental Hotel Group: 7 days (Mon)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Anyone have any experience with Thai Airways? Its amazing that AMEX MR can do the transfer almost immediately but we have to wait up to 4 weeks with DC...
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Anyone have any experience with Thai Airways? Its amazing that AMEX MR can do the transfer almost immediately but we have to wait up to 4 weeks with DC...
I don't find it surprising at all. Two partners that have a close relationship may have an electronic means of doing this on a per-customer basis, while two partners with not as close a relationship may rely on infrequently-scheduled "batch" processes, and those may be electronic or they may be snail mail. (If no one transfers from DC NA to Thai for months at a time, for example, it may not be worth it for DC to optimize that transfer process.)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't find it surprising at all. Two partners that have a close relationship may have an electronic means of doing this on a per-customer basis, while two partners with not as close a relationship may rely on infrequently-scheduled "batch" processes, and those may be electronic or they may be snail mail. (If no one transfers from DC NA to Thai for months at a time, for example, it may not be worth it for DC to optimize that transfer process.)
That's fine but if "no one transfers from DC NA to Thai for months at a time" then the manual process shouldn't take 4 weeks for that one person. I would expect a company like DC and Thai would have a contact person for these kind of requests and they can email the required info to each other (not snail mail) and it should only take a few short days at max..
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
That's fine but if "no one transfers from DC NA to Thai for months at a time" then the manual process shouldn't take 4 weeks for that one person. I would expect a company like DC and Thai would have a contact person for these kind of requests and they can email the required info to each other (not snail mail) and it should only take a few short days at max..
You don't seem to understand the process of periodical batches. No person at Diners Club sends you request individually to some airline at the other end of the world! They have regularly scheduled "delivery" (whether physical or electronic) of any and all transfers between that bank and that airline. That might be happening only once a month, so in that case if you submit you request at one time of month it may happen quicker, but if you submit your request just after the last batch went out, you have to wait a whole month for the next batch. (And/or if the batch is sent physically, halfway across the world on a disc or whatever, add more time for that. And if the person who has to process it at either end, who may a part-timer relative to this issue, is on vacation you may have to wait even more then.)

These systems were set up many years ago, and the whole point about an infrequent transfer is that there is no incentive to update a system from two decades ago if it would cost more to update it. That's why some of these transfers are still done not only in batches, but physically, even though you might think it today's world it surely has to be electronic.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Requested a transfer to Delta miles on the 24th, arrived on the 27th.

Still waiting on a SPG transfer.

After that, it's probably the end of this card for me. Just got the CSR which has superior lounge access and will product change CSP to Freedom Unlimited, which has a better earn rate for unbonused visa/mc spend, which is what I was using the DC for
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Requested a transfer to Delta miles on the 24th, arrived on the 27th.

Still waiting on a SPG transfer.

After that, it's probably the end of this card for me. Just got the CSR which has superior lounge access and will product change CSP to Freedom Unlimited, which has a better earn rate for unbonused visa/mc spend, which is what I was using the DC for
SPG transfer came in on the 30th
Old May 24, 2017, 3:59 pm

D.C. transfer to SPG:
Requested on May 15. Transfer completed on May 22.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
DC transfer to SPG:
Requested on May 22, completed on June 2 (8 US business days)
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:54 pm

Took 31 days for my last SPG transfer. I'm looking at the Citibank and other options. I have had enough with the lousy customer service. Sad as I've always liked this card
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA, Hilton, SPG
Transfer Partner: SPG
Initiation Date: June 21, 2018
Reception Date: June 28, 2018
Transfer Time: 7 Days, 5 Business Days
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:10 am

How much time will it take to transfer Diners Club points to Delta miles?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
How much time will it take to transfer Diners Club points to Delta miles?
Did you read the wikipost above? It has one datapoint, which doesn't mean it'll take exactly that long each time, but give you an idea.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:53 pm

Had a horribly slow transfer to AS last month. Initiated on Nov 19, arrived Nov 30 so it took 8 business days not including Thanksgiving.

Not sure what happened, AS transfers have always consistently been 2-3 days before this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not that it mattes any more, but for historical purposes and to show just how long a transfer to somewhere can take:

A transfer I did to Marriott on Nov 3 didn't post at Marriott until Nov 30.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:31 pm

Back in 2017, I did several transfers to Choice that were consistently 5-7 business days.

Did a transfer to Choice 2 months ago, points never showed up. Called up Club Rewards to open a ticket about missing points. They said it could take at least 3-4 business days to resolve, but the following day it was resolved and the points were posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.