Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club (USA) now includes Priority Pass.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club (USA) now includes Priority Pass.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:38 am
Original Member
Original Poster

I have noticed that my Priority Pass expiration date is 12/31/22, and there are reports that other credit card companies (Capital One Venture X, etc) are non-renewing their Priority Pass benefits. If Diners Club follows suit, will we be back to square one (i.e., no list of Diners Club lounges for US cardholders)?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tino
....reports that other credit card companies (Capital One Venture X, etc) are non-renewing their Priority Pass benefits....
Capital One is removing the Restaurant feature, this does not affect lounge access. See here: C1 nerfs Priority Pass restaurant benefit for Venture X
sdsearch likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Restaurant Benefit Removed?

It looks like Diners has removed the Priority Pass restaurant benefit. I went to use it a couple of days ago at JFK, AA Terminal 8 in Bobby Van's, and when they scanned the Priority Pass QR code, said that AMEX (which I knew, since that was pulled a while ago) and Diners are no longer accepted. Good thing they scan before you order. Has anyone else experienced this at PP restaurants? The PP app still shows restaurant locations as an option.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

My Priority Pass has been extended to 12/31/23. The restaurants are still included in the app, so I'm not sure what to think of that one location that refused to accept it.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tino
My Priority Pass has been extended to 12/31/23. The restaurants are still included in the app, so I'm not sure what to think of that one location that refused to accept it.
Yes, they extended the expiry date until the end of 2023 and I used my digital card for lounge access yesterday in Bermuda with no issue. The restaurant made it sound like Diners is doing the same thing AMEX and others did by removing the restaurant option, even though restaurants are still listed in the app. The restaurant I visited did not refuse, the PP scanner would not accept or validate it. There were others using Priority Pass at other tables with no issue. I was hoping someone else in the forum would have tried using it at a restaurant to confirm if it was a single location or all restaurants.

Unrelated, the PP website is still a nightmare for Diners with not only the previous error we were experiencing (There is an issue with your payment card information. Please update your billing details to proceed using your Priority Pass account.) but now you also get a new pop-up (Important Notice: We need you to re-enter your payment card details. You can do this by visiting the ‘My Details’ section within your account) which takes you to a page asking to re-enter your card details and it still pops-up even after you enter the details. You cannot access the My Priority Pass tab, but can access all other tabs. Very strange and perhaps will resolve in the New Year. Curious if others are experiencing this as well?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Any luck in Haneda Sky Lounge?

Pre-Priority Pass, Sky Lounge in Haneda had access for Diners Club members. Seeing that ANA in Haneda discountinued access for Priority Pass members, was hoping Sky Lounge would return. Sky Lounge Website on Haneda mention Diners Club, but this might only be for payment, rather than benefit redemption. Has anyone had any experience with Sky Lounge of late?

Sky lounge Haneda

Jiburi
Old Feb 11, 2023, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiburi
Pre-Priority Pass, Sky Lounge in Haneda had access for Diners Club members. Seeing that ANA in Haneda discountinued access for Priority Pass members, was hoping Sky Lounge would return. Sky Lounge Website on Haneda mention Diners Club, but this might only be for payment, rather than benefit redemption. Has anyone had any experience with Sky Lounge of late?

Sky lounge Haneda

Jiburi
You can search for Diners Club lounges here:

https://www.dinersclub.com/cardmembers/airport-lounges/

and it doesn't produce any results for Haneda.

Though it looks as if it's maybe just a disguised Priority Pass site perhaps, because it says this for one of the LAX lounges I looked at:

"Access by some American Express and Capital One cards may not be available at this Gameway location."

Do American Express and Capital One both issue Diners Club club cards somewhere???
Old Feb 11, 2023, 6:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do American Express and Capital One both issue Diners Club club cards somewhere???
No.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 4:52 pm

Still unknown about Sky Lounge Haneda

This is perhaps an outdated site, but it lists Sky Lounge as a Diners Club lounge, just as it did pre-priority club. External sources of Haneda Lounges

But knowing Haneda Airport Sky Lounge also CURRENTLY, list Diners Club, I'm thinking it might still be legit.....but no confirmation yet.

This is what it shows on Haneda Airport official website.....
  • Opening Hours7:30~22:00
  • Phone Number​ ​03-6428-0752
  • Fees (tax incl.)Adults: 1,050 yen, 4-12 years old: 530 yen, 0-3 years old: free (Paid rooms are available for up to three hours after entry), shower use 1,500 yen/30 minutes (Until SKY LOUNGE ANNEX and SKY LOUNGE SOUTH reopen, showers in the adjacent TIAT LOUNGE are available for use) (Showers are not available as a standalone option.)
  • Cards AcceptedVJA Group, JCB, Diners Club International, DC, UFJ, NICOS, MUFG, UC, SAISON, AMERICAN EXPRESS, JACCS, Epos Card, TS CUBIC, d CARD
  • Customers with one of the above cards in their own name and boarding passes for the same day can use the lounge free of charge. Please contact your card company in advance for details regarding the cards you can use. (With some exceptions, cards issued overseas cannot be used.)
4F International Departure Gate Area
Jiburi
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But knowing Haneda Airport Sky Lounge also CURRENTLY, list Diners Club
They're listing what kind of credit cards they accept. Lots of places accept Diners Club network cards without offering any special access, especially now that Discover, Diners Club, and Union Pay are now all part of the same payment network.

However, a US-issued Diners Club card is actually on the MasterCard network. So it has nothing to do with this list.

Meanwhile, that site you linked shows many other lounges at Haneda also supposedly honoring Diners Club. If that site is really up to date, you should be able to try any of those lounges. not just the one you were originally asking about.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by satx78223
Thanks! This worked for me also. Now if they would only speed up their website.
Worked for me too! Thanks so much for the tip not to put Diners Club in and instead put MC. I just wasted an hour with customer service phone tag so glad to get this resolved.
RoAm traveler likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:35 pm

PP Restaurant Success?

Has anyone recently used the restaurant or experience PP benefit on a US DC Professional card? Last time I tried to use it at a restaurant, I was told that DC was no longer providing the benefit. No issues with lounge access. Would appreciate hearing from others. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
Has anyone recently used the restaurant or experience PP benefit on a US DC Professional card? Last time I tried to use it at a restaurant, I was told that DC was no longer providing the benefit. No issues with lounge access. Would appreciate hearing from others. Thanks!
tho it’s just one location I frequent, the restaurant I use it in seattle Continues to accept the card. The cashier, however, is clueless about credit card based PP however. The only confirmation is their card reader.

Jiburi
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:23 pm

tho it’s just one location I frequent, the restaurant I use it in seattle Continues to accept the card. The cashier, however, is clueless about credit card based PP however. The only confirmation is their card reader.

Jiburi
Thanks, Jiburi. When I had an issue I was trying to use the digital PP card QR code and the scanner would not accept it. Perhaps I should have tried my physical DC card instead. Just curious, has anyone else had experience with using the digital PP card vs. their physical DC card at PP restaurants recently?
Old Sep 1, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
At DCA today, the physical Diners card was not accepted. They wanted the QR code. Had to set up my PP account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.