Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club (USA) now includes Priority Pass.

Diners Club (USA) now includes Priority Pass.

Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:42 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by smith80678
....Access lounges by using your Diners Club Corporate Card
This could be an editing error, but it raises the possibility that the (expanded) lounge access is only available to Corporate cards, not Consumer or Professional.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I will venture out and see if this works (at advertised restaurant). I'm still new at this however, but seem I have to dine-in. I wonder if doggy bagging is allowed for leftovers and inflight snacking.....
Jiburi
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:56 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Originally Posted by jiburi
....seem I have to dine-in. I wonder if doggy bagging is allowed for leftovers and inflight snacking.....
If you are planning to try one of the restaurants at SEA one of these threads could give you a preview of how the rules are implemented:

SEA - Trail Head BBQ Bar (Priority Pass)

New restaurant at SEA, north terminal [Bambuza Vietnam Kitchen]
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by mia
If you are planning to try one of the restaurants at SEA one of these threads could give you a preview of how the rules are implemented:

SEA - Trail Head BBQ Bar (Priority Pass)

New restaurant at SEA, north terminal [Bambuza Vietnam Kitchen]
So I've already tried Bambuza twice. Yummy. Both times, they allowed take out. The only problem is they will try to turn you away as they don't know that Priority pass has partnered with Diners Club. When I insisted that it was, they tapped it, asked for the flight number, and process was approved. My second time, a different cashier almost ran it on their regular credit card device, before I insisted that it was now a part of the priority pass. The separate priority pass reader confirmed it.

Jiburi
mia likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Well thats good news as even Amex doesnt offer this benefit anymore: https://thepointsguy.com/news/priori...restaurant-us/
Cant wait to try the swimming pool at the airport lounge in Punta Cana. Not to mention 3 free hours in the Dubai Sleep n Fly Lounge https://sleep-n-fly.com/ .

Last edited by smith80678; Jan 25, 2022 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
This could be an editing error, but it raises the possibility that the (expanded) lounge access is only available to Corporate cards, not Consumer or Professional.
I just checked my Consumer card's January 2022 statement (which cut on the 4th) and a few months prior. No mention of the expanded benefit on any of them. I'll keep an eye out and see if it ends up on the February statement instead.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by tmiw
I just checked my Consumer card's January 2022 statement (which cut on the 4th) and a few months prior. No mention of the expanded benefit on any of them. I'll keep an eye out and see if it ends up on the February statement instead.
My February statement cut yesterday and had this same announcement in it, including the stuff about the Corporate card. I'm inclined to believe it's an error but only time and datapoints will tell.
sdsearch and gregorius like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:58 am

So, anyone have any more experience with this yet?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
I used it using my US based card at American Tap Room in DCA. Waitress insisted it wouldn't work and after a few minutes of polite discussion she tried and used the card at her terminal. It did ring up as Priority Pass and got the discount at the restaurant -- she was surprised and apologetic. One caution though -- the waitress rang up two total, as I guess many include a "guest" and we got $56 ($28 each) off our bill. Turns out, no guest is included and my statement got hit $31 for the priority pass, resulting in a loss of $3 for the "guest". Still ended up $25 ahead (instead of the $28 if we just rang up one).
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:18 am
mia

Originally Posted by z28lt1
.... US based card ....
Which card do you have: Corporate, Professional, Elite or Premier?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
Originally Posted by mia
Which card do you have: Corporate, Professional, Elite or Premier?
Professional. Sorry, I should have stated that in the original post.
pxm and sdsearch like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
So…when that inevitable “Lounge closed to Priority Pass” customers sign appears…will they still take Diners Club?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:25 pm
Original Member

Data point: the club at CLT accepted my DC card just fine yesterday AM (even though it's not loaded in the DC lounge finder).
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Has anyone activated their Priority Pass account on the PP site or app using their DC card number. The Diners app (not BMO Harris app) directs you there (but you can get to the same page on the PP website). I started the process on the PP site and it accepted my Diners card number (I tried a non-Diners card with no access and it was rejected at the start just to double-check). It takes you through the process, let's you create your username/password, through confirming your billing information. However there is a statement on the last page that you accept conditions and agree to be billed any fees/renewals. You are not selecting a PP membership level and guessing this is just for guests, etc. But, I was hesitant to complete the process -- so thought I would first see if anyone had done it. I have always just used my card for lounge access but had a recent hiccup at one lounge (human error), so thinking having the PP QR code could help in those situations or alleviate some of the questions people have been receiving at PP restaurants. Thanks in advance. This is a U.S. Professional DC.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:15 am

Diners Club Lounge Access... I never knew these existed

In Venice, last month I was stopped at the entrance to the Marco Polo Club. Then then put my Diners Club card number into their database and told me I could use the club as a priority pass member. It worked this once. I have tried to find something in writing and have been unsucessful.
In Bilbao, Spain it was seamless, just as it always has been. Got me.
Charlie

Last edited by mia; Jun 2, 2022 at 9:30 am Reason: Remove misformatted Quote

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.