Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club (USA) BMO Digital Banking site mandatory 9.13.2020

Diners Club (USA) BMO Digital Banking site mandatory 9.13.2020

Old Jul 7, 20, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Question Diners Club (USA) BMO Digital Banking site mandatory 9.13.2020

On my last statement from about 2 weeks ago, there is info about "BMO Digital Banking. A new way to manage your account..." It talks about enrolling and there is the mobile app. Could it be about this?
Old Jul 7, 20, 12:14 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel View Post
.... "BMO Digital Banking. A new way to manage your account..."
Do you have other BMO/Harris accounts?
Old Jul 7, 20, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Do you have other BMO/Harris accounts?
No, only the DC card. I set up my DC account on the new site. It looks like it allows you to set up all your other BMO accounts in the same place. There is also a mobile app.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, only the DC card. I set up my DC account on the new site. It looks like it allows you to set up all your other BMO accounts in the same place. There is also a mobile app.
Which DC account? Personal (the kind created when BMO was temporarily offering new DC accounts), or Professional (the kind inherited from when DC was at Citi)?

The DCNA site uses separate logins for those two, so I wonder if all DC accounts can be used at the new site, or only Personal ones.

And when you use it at that new site, does it give you access there to Club Rewards?
Old Jul 8, 20, 9:30 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

I set up my DC account on the new site.....There is also a mobile app.
Is this the page: https://www.bmoharris.com/main/perso...gital-banking/
Old Jul 8, 20, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Which DC account? Personal (the kind created when BMO was temporarily offering new DC accounts), or Professional (the kind inherited from when DC was at Citi)?

The DCNA site uses separate logins for those two, so I wonder if all DC accounts can be used at the new site, or only Personal ones.

And when you use it at that new site, does it give you access there to Club Rewards?
I have the personal DC card. It's a separate log in from the regular site. What's interesting is once you are logged in to the new site, for some functions, it will connect to the old site (you do not need to log in again). It appears you still need to go the old site to access Club Rewards. The new site seems to make more sense if you have other banking relationships with BMO (I don't have any).

Yes.
Old Aug 27, 20, 3:58 pm
mia

Paper statement shows that BMO Digital Banking website will be the only online access, effective 9.13.2020. This is for a personal "premier" credit card. As others report, I will revise the thread title to reflect the card types which are included.
Old Sep 1, 20, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Just signed up and it was pretty straightforward. I did notice one quirk, though: on the old site, I have a pending gas station charge of $1 (whereas the new site correctly shows the actual amount filled).

Anyway, I probably wouldn't have signed up if it weren't for it soon being made mandatory considering DC is my only banking relationship with BMO Harris. At least it shows they're probably not going to cancel the DC product(s) any time soon?

(On that note, I wonder if they're going to pivot DC to more of a "higher end" product for their banking clients, kinda like how the Altitude Reserve requires a preexisting US Bank relationship to apply. Requiring the consumer cards to use the same banking interface as for their checking, etc. accounts would be a needed step towards that.)
Old Sep 1, 20, 12:31 pm
mia

Our telephone numbers displayed during the enrolment process are obsolete, which means we cannot get past the verification page. Ms mia called Diners to update the telephone number in her profile. Took several attempts to get a usable circuit. The new number has not yet been copied to the Digital Banking database, and the boilerplate SM suggests that she call a different number to speak with the Digital Banking department. We are not inclined to do this.
Old Sep 1, 20, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Our telephone numbers displayed during the enrolment process are obsolete, which means we cannot get past the verification page. Ms mia called Diners to update the telephone number in her profile. Took several attempts to get a usable circuit. The new number has not yet been copied to the Digital Banking database, and the boilerplate SM suggests that she call a different number to speak with the Digital Banking department. We are not inclined to do this.
For me, it showed my email address as a possible authentication method along with my phone numbers. I would have figured at least that would have worked? Assuming your emails didn't change as well in the meantime, of course.
Old Sep 14, 20, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's the day after use of the BMO Harris online banking system was supposed to have been mandatory and it appears that it still redirects you to the Diners Club system to do anything with the card. Most other things in the BMO system say that I don't have access (which makes sense as I don't have any other accounts with them).

Anyway, I was expecting both electronic statements and alerts to be disabled but it looks like I only had to re-opt into the former. I'll try to use my card somewhere soon to make sure that the transaction alerts still work.
Old Sep 18, 20, 7:43 pm
mia

We had to enroll in Digital Banking by telephone. When the account was activated, it was interesting to discover that it also showed the (closed) Diners Club Professional card inherited from Citi, and a long paid off mortgage we opened with an online lender called Mortgagebot , which was owned by M&I Bank, later acquired by Harris Bank. Diners Club telephone customer service still seems to be completely distinct from BMO Harris.
Old Sep 19, 20, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, the regular DinerClubUS site still has a Personal card Login, but the popup says BMO Harris rather than Diners Club.

Does it simply send you to the BMO Digital Banking site if you log in there now?

(I don't have a Personal card myself, only the Professional card, which still works on the DinersClubUS site as it has for years.)
Old Sep 19, 20, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Interesting, the regular DinerClubUS site still has a Personal card Login, but the popup says BMO Harris rather than Diners Club.

Does it simply send you to the BMO Digital Banking site if you log in there now?

(I don't have a Personal card myself, only the Professional card, which still works on the DinersClubUS site as it has for years.)
Pushing the Login button for me seems to go to the BMO Harris online banking login page and needs the BMO Harris username and password, not the old Diners Club one.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Today, 1:57 pm

Don't see a way to pay my account on the new BMO Digital Banking site, since my DC personal card is the only account I have with them. Anytime I try to click on make a payment it tells me "You do not have access to this feature or you do not have the appropriate accounts".

However, when clicking on account details, I can go down the bottom of the screen to 'Manage card'. From there, it goes to the old site that appears to have all my payment methods and be functioning normally.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: