Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club (USA) BMO Digital Banking site mandatory 9.13.2020

Diners Club (USA) BMO Digital Banking site mandatory 9.13.2020

Old Oct 6, 20, 1:00 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
You need to go to the old account page https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do The new Harris page wont even let me setup my account.
Old Oct 21, 20, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by brc01 View Post
Don't see a way to pay my account on the new BMO Digital Banking site, since my DC personal card is the only account I have with them. Anytime I try to click on make a payment it tells me "You do not have access to this feature or you do not have the appropriate accounts".

However, when clicking on account details, I can go down the bottom of the screen to 'Manage card'. From there, it goes to the old site that appears to have all my payment methods and be functioning normally.
Originally Posted by smith80678 View Post
You need to go to the old account page https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do The new Harris page wont even let me setup my account.
You can now make a payment on the new BMO digital banking site without having to go back to the old site. There is a "Make Payment" button next to "Manage Card". It then allows you to make and manage your payments on the new site. It transferred my saved bank account from the old site.
Old Oct 22, 20, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel View Post
You can now make a payment on the new BMO digital banking site without having to go back to the old site. There is a "Make Payment" button next to "Manage Card". It then allows you to make and manage your payments on the new site. It transferred my saved bank account from the old site.
Yeah, the new site has been working to make payments this past week. Surprised it only took them a month or so to get the new site working properly. Usually it's several months before they fix anything, like the new Club Rewards site they botched last year.

I'm guessing the old site is gone for good now. All the links and methods that previously went to the old site now stay on the new site for me.
Old Nov 1, 20, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking BMO sends the silliest alerts

They now require it on the Professional card too, and I enrolled this Friday morning so that I could my make my monthly payment.

I set myself up for email alerts when my payment is due.

I made my payment of the full statement amount (which is the same as the minimum payment on the Professional card) Friday morning. On Friday evening I received confirmation of my payment., then on Saturday early morning i got this silly email from BMO Harris:

Diners Club Alert - Payment Reminder

Payment Reminder

Hi sdearch,

The $.00 minimum payment on card ending in *XXXX is due on 11-03-2020.

Old Jan 31, 21, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gosh, BMO Harris IT is stupid. This is the email they send me every month, many days after I've paid my account for the month:

Payment Reminder

Hi SDSEARCH,

The $0.00 minimum payment on card ending in *1234 is due on 02-03-2021. To manage your account or make a payment visit www.bmoharris.com. Thank You,
BMO Harris Bank
Old Feb 9, 21, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Will anyone ever issue a DC card in the USA again?
Old Feb 9, 21, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
Will anyone ever issue a DC card in the USA again?
I mean, I kinda expected them to have ended the card by now (or at least sold the franchise to another issuer), so it seems like there's still some interest in DC by BMO Harris.
Old Feb 9, 21, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
I mean, I kinda expected them to have ended the card by now (or at least sold the franchise to another issuer), so it seems like there's still some interest in DC by BMO Harris.
Diners Club was a great product with a long history. They should offer it or sell it to someone that will. No need to keep it locked up in limbo.
Old Feb 10, 21, 11:10 am

If they intended to get rid of DC they wouldn't have moved everyone over to the BMO website last fall. Similarly, they wouldn't have launched a new Club Rewards site in 2019.

I don't think they have any interest in offering a consumer card again. They are mainly interested in their corporate card and continuing that program.
mia and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brc01 View Post
If they intended to get rid of DC they wouldn't have moved everyone over to the BMO website last fall. Similarly, they wouldn't have launched a new Club Rewards site in 2019.

I don't think they have any interest in offering a consumer card again. They are mainly interested in their corporate card and continuing that program.
Seems like if they just wanted to focus on the corporate cards, they could just PC all the Consumer cardholders (however many there still are) to an existing BMO Harris credit card and be done with it, no?

OTOH, I wouldn't say their other offerings offer complete parity, either. The closest would probably be their Premium Rewards MC, which would at least replace DC's lounges with Priority Pass (and require a slightly lower AF of $79 vs the $95 of the Premier) but keeps no FTF and gains 3x for travel/dining with a spending cap (and 1x everything else). That might ruffle a few feathers with the remaining cardholders, to say the least.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 11:57 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
....could just PC all the Consumer cardholders (however many there still are) to an existing BMO Harris credit car....
Doubt that their contract with Diners Club International (Discover) allows this.
LETTERBOY and sdsearch like this.
Old Feb 15, 21, 6:51 am

I wonder if any of the foreign DC banks have a really good offering that would be lucrative that a US citizen could acquire?

Search this Thread