Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will Diners (USA) increase $95 annual fees to $150?

Old Jan 16, 20, 1:24 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold

Historically, Diners tracked the annual fee of American Express Green, which is now $150 (personal) but still $95 for the Business version.
Old Jan 17, 20, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Would this be for the Consumer cards or the Professional cards (or both)? I'm not so sure BMO Harris really cares enough about the former to want to raise the AF, but I could be wrong on that.
Old Jan 18, 20, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Historically, Diners tracked the annual fee of American Express Green, which is now $150 (personal) but still $95 for the Business version.
Diners Club North America tracked, or the then-current owner of Diners Club North America tracked? If the latter, wasn't it Citi, during the time they were still taking applications for the Professional card? (I know the $95 AF on Diners Club Professional hasn't changed since years before Citi stopped taking applications, and only after that sold DC NA to BMO Harris, so I presume that the Green AF changes which DCNA tracked must have been many years before Citi stopped taking applications.)

Just because Citi paid attention to Amex when Citi owned Diners Club North America doesn't prove that BMO Harris is paying attention to Amex now that they own Diners Club North America (and seem to be treating it like an absentee owner ).

Also, Amex raised the price of Green because they "refreshed it", including to earn 3x at restaurants and a bunch of other benefits. I don't see BMO Harris looking to "refresh" any Diners Club cards, or adding bonus earning categories of any kind at this point, and without that, I don't see any comparison to Green's raising of their AF. (In the current round, Amex isn't raising the AFs on their charge cards until they refresh them.)
rayfes likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 18, 20 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 3, 20, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-20
For a charge card provider who have not done anything to revolutionize or update their program, I doubt BMO have anything in mind other than maintaining the current members. If anything, I'd think BMO might unload Diners (USA) to another financial institution before any changes are made.

Jiburi
Old Mar 26, 20, 6:28 am

Got my renewal notice this billing cycle. Still $95. But I am probably going to let it go. I have had it FOREVER (professional card) but at this point it's just not worth it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: