Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club U.S. Ending Personal Cards Program?

Diners Club U.S. Ending Personal Cards Program?

Old Jun 7, 20, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
...........Meanwhile, the unique feature of BMO DC to some is that it has offline PIN as the priority. Barclays offers offline PIN, but it's not the priority. Not every cares about that, though.......
Barclays offline PIN is perfectly adequate from my experience. My issue was with unattended kiosks such as gas stations, parking or self service checkouts where Barclays cards work fine. Many lesser known CUs also offer offline chip-n-pin with pin priority if you really want one. I still wish BMO could have promoted DC better instead of shutting it though.
Old Jun 7, 20, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Barclays offline PIN is perfectly adequate from my experience. My issue was with unattended kiosks such as gas stations, parking or self service checkouts where Barclays cards work fine. Many lesser known CUs also offer offline chip-n-pin with pin priority if you really want one. I still wish BMO could have promoted DC better instead of shutting it though.
Honestly, contactless is what people should be looking for these days if international compatibility/convenience is a concern, not so much PIN support/preference. That said, Diners Club was also basically the first chip card I ever had with contactless support (AmEx Blue pre EMV was my first contactless card, but those didn't have EMV chips and likely wouldn't have worked as contactless overseas either.)

BTW, considering that I still haven't seen anything indicating that my card's going to be cancelled, I wouldn't call not reopening apps the same as ending the card.
Old Jul 7, 20, 6:05 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
Honestly, contactless is what people should be looking for these days if international compatibility/convenience is a concern, not so much PIN support/preference. That said, Diners Club was also basically the first chip card I ever had with contactless support (AmEx Blue pre EMV was my first contactless card, but those didn't have EMV chips and likely wouldn't have worked as contactless overseas either.)

BTW, considering that I still haven't seen anything indicating that my card's going to be cancelled, I wouldn't call not reopening apps the same as ending the card.
I have an app from the post office that shows me what mail is being delivered today. Today there is a letter from BMO and itís not my bill. Canít wait to see what it is about. Cancellation?
Old Jul 7, 20, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheCount2 View Post
I have an app from the post office that shows me what mail is being delivered today. Today there is a letter from BMO and it’s not my bill. Can’t wait to see what it is about. Cancellation?
FWIW, my statement cut a few days ago and I didn't see anything in it about the program ending, but please update here if that letter does mention that.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:15 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheCount2 View Post
Cancellation?
Annual privacy notice?
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:41 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
On my last statement from about 2 weeks ago, there is info about "BMO Digital Banking. A new way to manage your account..." It talks about enrolling and there is the mobile app. Could it be about this?
Old Jul 7, 20, 12:14 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel View Post
.... "BMO Digital Banking. A new way to manage your account..."
Do you have other BMO/Harris accounts?
Old Jul 7, 20, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Do you have other BMO/Harris accounts?
No, only the DC card. I set up my DC account on the new site. It looks like it allows you to set up all your other BMO accounts in the same place. There is also a mobile app.
Old Jul 7, 20, 3:57 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
FWIW, my statement cut a few days ago and I didn't see anything in it about the program ending, but please update here if that letter does mention that.
Just the Annual Privacy Notice.
Old Jul 7, 20, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, only the DC card. I set up my DC account on the new site. It looks like it allows you to set up all your other BMO accounts in the same place. There is also a mobile app.
Which DC account? Personal (the kind created when BMO was temporarily offering new DC accounts), or Professional (the kind inherited from when DC was at Citi)?

The DCNA site uses separate logins for those two, so I wonder if all DC accounts can be used at the new site, or only Personal ones.

And when you use it at that new site, does it give you access there to Club Rewards?
Old Jul 8, 20, 9:30 am
mia

I set up my DC account on the new site.....There is also a mobile app.
Is this the page: https://www.bmoharris.com/main/perso...gital-banking/
Old Jul 8, 20, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Which DC account? Personal (the kind created when BMO was temporarily offering new DC accounts), or Professional (the kind inherited from when DC was at Citi)?

The DCNA site uses separate logins for those two, so I wonder if all DC accounts can be used at the new site, or only Personal ones.

And when you use it at that new site, does it give you access there to Club Rewards?
I have the personal DC card. It's a separate log in from the regular site. What's interesting is once you are logged in to the new site, for some functions, it will connect to the old site (you do not need to log in again). It appears you still need to go the old site to access Club Rewards. The new site seems to make more sense if you have other banking relationships with BMO (I don't have any).

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Yes.
sdsearch likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: