Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any Ideas When Diners Club might take New Applications Again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Ideas When Diners Club might take New Applications Again?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by smith80678
I literally have to call in every transaction for this card, otherwise they all get declined. I only use it for the lounge access.
Even chip transactions? I've only had my card blocked once but that was because I tried to order something from a website based in another country while I was in Mexico (and I had used my card + PIN once or twice beforehand, so I presume that's how they could tell I was there).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by tmiw
Even chip transactions? I've only had my card blocked once but that was because I tried to order something from a website based in another country while I was in Mexico (and I had used my card + PIN once or twice beforehand, so I presume that's how they could tell I was there).
yes, I had to call in a payment to get my car repaired. That one went through because I called them. On my way home with the repaired car I picked up my dry cleaning, thinking the DC card would be ok for the charge. Declined again!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smith80678
yes, I had to call in a payment to get my car repaired. That one went through because I called them. On my way home with the repaired car I picked up my dry cleaning, thinking the DC card would be ok for the charge. Declined again!
That's unfortunate. The only thing I can think of is to use the card more often so that they have a better idea of your purchase habits (but even then, I don't exactly use mine all that often and I generally don't have issues). Maybe others have additional ideas as well.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
You sure it wasn't tip that you're supposed to enter? MasterCard rules actually prohibit tip adjust (the "usual" restaurant behavior in the US) if a PIN's used with the chip; because it's so uncommon, it's a lot easier and cost-effective for some to simply disable PIN functionality altogether than to buy wireless terminals or have people pay at the front.
No. it was not at a restaurant type of merchant to enter a tip. This has happened at a community recreation center so I was not in the mood to mansplain to a cashier here.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by askmrlee
No. it was not at a restaurant type of merchant to enter a tip. This has happened at a community recreation center so I was not in the mood to mansplain to a cashier here.
Speaking of restaurants, though, I'm running into more and more that have chip readers built into their POS systems (and configured so that PIN is disabled/signature line always prints). While unfortunate, there simply aren't enough PIN preferring cards in the US to justify doing anything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.