Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any Ideas When Diners Club might take New Applications Again?

Any Ideas When Diners Club might take New Applications Again?

Old Jan 11, 19, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by smith80678 View Post
I literally have to call in every transaction for this card, otherwise they all get declined. I only use it for the lounge access.
Even chip transactions? I've only had my card blocked once but that was because I tried to order something from a website based in another country while I was in Mexico (and I had used my card + PIN once or twice beforehand, so I presume that's how they could tell I was there).
Old Jan 11, 19, 11:30 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
Even chip transactions? I've only had my card blocked once but that was because I tried to order something from a website based in another country while I was in Mexico (and I had used my card + PIN once or twice beforehand, so I presume that's how they could tell I was there).
yes, I had to call in a payment to get my car repaired. That one went through because I called them. On my way home with the repaired car I picked up my dry cleaning, thinking the DC card would be ok for the charge. Declined again!
Old Jan 11, 19, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by smith80678 View Post
yes, I had to call in a payment to get my car repaired. That one went through because I called them. On my way home with the repaired car I picked up my dry cleaning, thinking the DC card would be ok for the charge. Declined again!
That's unfortunate. The only thing I can think of is to use the card more often so that they have a better idea of your purchase habits (but even then, I don't exactly use mine all that often and I generally don't have issues). Maybe others have additional ideas as well.