Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer to Starwood-Timing-Cancelling Card

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Question Transfer to Starwood-Timing-Cancelling Card

My annual fees is coming due and I plan to drop my Diners card. In advance of cancelling the card, I transferred out my remaining points to Starwood last week, but they haven't posted yet.

My payment is due this week and I wanted to cancel without paying the AF for next yer, but I'm worried that if I cancel the points won't get to SPG. My hope is that the DC has sent the points but SPG just hasn't posted them yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old May 7, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWR-6785
My annual fees is coming due and I plan to drop my Diners card. In advance of cancelling the card, I transferred out my remaining points to Starwood last week, but they haven't posted yet.

My payment is due this week and I wanted to cancel without paying the AF for next yer, but I'm worried that if I cancel the points won't get to SPG. My hope is that the DC has sent the points but SPG just hasn't posted them yet.

Any suggestions?
Yes. Read the wikipost of the following thread and see how long it has it has taken for other people:
You'll see that it typically it takes much more than a week to SPG. (And no one knows how much of that delay is before it goes out from Diners.)

Meanwhile, you didn't explain which exact Diners Club card you have. The reason that may matter is how long you have after the annual fee is billed you can cancel the card may be different for the personal card vs the professional card vs a corporate card.

You should also ask if they have offers to get you to keep the card (what we call a "retention offer", but I'm not sure whether they use that language). Even if you're planning to keep the card long-term, if they give you waiver of the annual fee, that might give you more "breathing room" perhaps? See this thread:

Last edited by sdsearch; May 7, 2017 at 10:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.