Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club (US) doesn't show pending transactions anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum

I just logged into my account to pay my statement and noticed that my pending transaction from this morning isn't showing up. I'm pretty sure they did in the past and the transaction I did using the chip this morning definitely was approved (in the US too, so the terminal actually contacted them). Anyone else noticing that their transactions aren't showing up until they post?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I just logged into my account to pay my statement and noticed that my pending transaction from this morning isn't showing up. I'm pretty sure they did in the past and the transaction I did using the chip this morning definitely was approved (in the US too, so the terminal actually contacted them). Anyone else noticing that their transactions aren't showing up until they post?
Which kind of DC US card?

I don't recall ever seeing pending transactions on the Professional card portion of the website. Nothing seems to have changed about that interface from a long time back in the Citi days.

But I think the Professional and Consumer portions of the websites are totally different, aren't they? (And there's Corporate that's separate too, and it might be different too, I dunno.)
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Which kind of DC US card?

I don't recall ever seeing pending transactions on the Professional card portion of the website. Nothing seems to have changed about that interface from a long time back in the Citi days.

But I think the Professional and Consumer portions of the websites are totally different, aren't they? (And there's Corporate that's separate too, and it might be different too, I dunno.)
Premier. I've never seen the Professional online banking but I'm pretty sure I've been able to even see declined transactions on the consumer site for at least a couple of hours afterward.

For what it's worth, the balance available does seem to reflect recent purchases, so maybe it's some weird website bug.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I'm pretty sure I've been able to even see declined transactions on the consumer site for at least a couple of hours afterward.
Well, i"m not sure if that's the same as pending transactions. I don't have declined transactions on my Diners Club card to check.

What I meant by never having seen pending is that at banks that show pending like Citi and Chase and Amex, the pending transactions stay around for a day or two (or sometimes even longer), and so with my regular purchases I would expect to see that at Diners site if they were going to show pending, whether I checked a couple hours later justr anytime on a weekend. At other banks anything that's pending at the start of the weekend tends to stay pending all weekend, so it's very hard to miss if you check your account on weekends after having made purchases either then or late enough on Friday.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, i"m not sure if that's the same as pending transactions. I don't have declined transactions on my Diners Club card to check.

What I meant by never having seen pending is that at banks that show pending like Citi and Chase and Amex, the pending transactions stay around for a day or two (or sometimes even longer), and so with my regular purchases I would expect to see that at Diners site if they were going to show pending, whether I checked a couple hours later justr anytime on a weekend. At other banks anything that's pending at the start of the weekend tends to stay pending all weekend, so it's very hard to miss if you check your account on weekends after having made purchases either then or late enough on Friday.
Yep, those was the kind that used to appear for me. DC also used to show declined transactions for a few hours after the fact (for instance, this is one that happened a while back along with the pending successful transaction above it):

Maybe I'll SM them and ask if it's some technical issue.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, tmiw, that's a completely different user interface than the Professional card has. I know of no way to expand the Professional card's info on transactions beyond the one or two lines it always shows them as.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Ms mia resumed using her Diners Premier card this week, after completing the bonus spend on an Amex SPG business card. No pending charges have been displayed.

She also had one or two (she isn't sure) charges "declined". Nothing displayed on website. She called customer service who reportedly told her that a swipe transaction at Starbucks was declined because "they tried to process it as Paypass". She did not know what that meant, and did not request clarification. I don't know if this means that the card's contactless chip is incompatible with Starbuck's readers, or if the system was simultaneously trying to process a contactless and swipe payment.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Ms mia resumed using her Diners Premier card this week, after completing the bonus spend on an Amex SPG business card. No pending charges have been displayed.

She also had one or two (she isn't sure) charges "declined". Nothing displayed on website. She called customer service who reportedly told her that a swipe transaction at Starbucks was declined because "they tried to process it as Paypass". She did not know what that meant, and did not request clarification. I don't know if this means that the card's contactless chip is incompatible with Starbuck's readers, or if the system was simultaneously trying to process a contactless and swipe payment.
My guess is that they actually got rid of the contactless feature. However, it should still be working on the cards that have it. Or at least did last time I tried it at a Walgreens anyway.

Also, I sent a SM a few days ago asking about the lack of pending transactions and got a fairly useless response back. I'm just going to assume they got rid of it. Which is a shame because it makes it a bit less convenient to keep track of spending (especially since they don't have purchase texts like e.g. Chase and BofA).

BTW: just tested the contactless on the vending machine here at work and BMO approved the transaction.

Last edited by tmiw; Aug 12, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old May 5, 2017, 5:48 pm
mia

Pending charges are again displayed.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Any idea if they show declined charges as well? Haven't had one yet to see.

EDIT: answered my own question; one Chevron station's NFC readers declined when tapping my DC card and it didn't show up on the website. Kind of a shame since it did show some useful info.

Last edited by tmiw; May 8, 2017 at 12:34 am
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by mia
I have a Professional card - all that can be displayed is last month's statement. No current transactions or pending ones can be viewed.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I have a Professional card - all that can be displayed is last month's statement. No current transactions or pending ones can be viewed.
Are you sure there are current transactions? It's always been the case with the Professional card that if there are no transactions posted yet since the statement, you can only view the last statement. It doesn't let you view current transactions until it has one or more to show you.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 28, 2017 at 11:49 am Reason: grammar
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Are you sure there are current transactions? It's always been the case with the Professional card that if there are no transactions posted yet since the statement, you can only view the last statement. It doesn't let you view current transactions until has one or more to show you.
Well, as luck would have it, now it's showing transactions since the last statement. Doesn't show pending transactions.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
But were they ever displayed for Professional cards?

Or do you just mean that they are again displayed for Consumer cards?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:39 pm
mia

...Professional cards?

... Consumer cards?
I was reporting the fact that the Consumer card pending transaction feature is working again. I don't think BMO has made any changes to the UI it inherited from Citi for the Professional cards, aside from linking to the same Club Rewards module as is used for the Consumer cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.