Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Good customer service after very long chargeback process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

This morning I received a call from a senior manager at BMO, which handles chargebacks for Diners.

I initiated a $500 chargeback for professional services in July of last year.

It was clear from the back and forth that the people processing the chargeback were not really understanding the situation and the chargeback was denied.

Today, the manager (who clearly had looked at every last piece of documentation) expressed astonishment at the situation and - before anything else - thanked me for my patience during the debacle. He then credited my account for the $500, and formally apologized on behalf of DC.

While it took a while to resolve, I was pleased with the outcome.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by jspira
This morning I received a call from a senior manager at BMO, which handles chargebacks for Diners.

I initiated a $500 chargeback for professional services in July of last year.

It was clear from the back and forth that the people processing the chargeback were not really understanding the situation and the chargeback was denied.

Today, the manager (who clearly had looked at every last piece of documentation) expressed astonishment at the situation and - before anything else - thanked me for my patience during the debacle. He then credited my account for the $500, and formally apologized on behalf of DC.

While it took a while to resolve, I was pleased with the outcome.
Glad that it was resolved in your favor but it should never take 7 months to settle a credit card dispute.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I disputed an unauthorized recurring charge on my Professional (charge card) account in late December, and it was reversed within 48 hours. I was prepared for a fight because I had notified the merchant in writing to cancel my subscription, and they had replied that they only accept cancellations by phone. I did not call. They billed my expired card, and BMO reversed it on the first request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.