Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

What would you change about the consumer cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you change about the consumer cards?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Make the $300 card, like the Corporate card, allow transfers to AA!
I like the idea, but I suspect BMO's contract with AA would not permit it.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Keep everything as is, and just let me use my Elite card. I don't mind paying 300 AF if it works, even for say 30k a year.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase
Keep everything as is, and just let me use my Elite card. I don't mind paying 300 AF if it works, even for say 30k a year.
I hope they will at least match the 50K bonus spend caps on Chase and AMEX cards.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Guest lounge access and/or 2x+ on dining. Other than that, nothing.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:57 am

^^
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Guest lounge access and/or 2x+ on dining. Other than that, nothing.
I agee, there should be a dining incentive too.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Speaking of Apple Pay, I tried to add my card to it on a whim and instead of "Your Issuer Does Not Yet Offer Support for This Card" that I got when trying to add Discover, I got this:

Could Not Add Card
Try again later or contact your card issuer for more information.
If DC does get AP it would be one more card I could use on transit outside the US. Though, it could very well mean that BMO's other cards are getting support but not necessarily DC's.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
Speaking of Apple Pay, I tried to add my card to it on a whim and instead of "Your Issuer Does Not Yet Offer Support for This Card" that I got when trying to add Discover, I got this:

If DC does get AP it would be one more card I could use on transit outside the US. Though, it could very well mean that BMO's other cards are getting support but not necessarily DC's.
BMO Harris is coming out with Apple Pay support. Albeit slowly but surely. Apparently launch is 'imminent'.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uklevi
BMO Harris is coming out with Apple Pay support. Albeit slowly but surely. Apparently launch is 'imminent'.
I'm just hoping it's not going to be another Securecode type thing where BMO's other cards can sign up for it fine but Diners Club can't (and it's not obvious that DC doesn't support Securecode either since it doesn't produce any sort of error, just never lets you go to the next step in the registration). Then again, the iPhone probably would still be saying that the issuer doesn't support the card even now if that's the case.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BTW, just tried adding the DC card again and it's now saying "Your Issuer Does Not Yet Offer Support for This Card". Maybe I spoke too soon.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
BTW, just tried adding the DC card again and it's now saying "Your Issuer Does Not Yet Offer Support for This Card". Maybe I spoke too soon.
BMO Harris officially supports Apple Pay as of today, so you should try again. Perhaps it might work.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uklevi
BMO Harris officially supports Apple Pay as of today, so you should try again. Perhaps it might work.
Yep it does ^ Though apparently I have to call them to verify the card.

EDIT: created a thread about Apple Pay and DC.

Last edited by tmiw; Apr 7, 2015 at 10:20 am
Old May 22, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it'd be nice if I could just text or push a button in an email to verify that a blocked charge is legitimate (like what Chase has). Waiting 20 minutes on hold to talk to someone like what happened today is definitely not my idea of fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.