Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Diners Club Elite at Target: AFT, fraud alerts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners Club Elite at Target: AFT, fraud alerts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:03 pm

I like to keep thing simple and this would make a good complement to my CSP. The points are pretty good value for me. And in my situation, making up that $300 back should be more than doable, even without MS. The priority PIN is just icing on the cake for when I travel overseas.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by RTWRide
I like to keep thing simple and this would make a good complement to my CSP. The points are pretty good value for me. And in my situation, making up that $300 back should be more than doable, even without MS. The priority PIN is just icing on the cake for when I travel overseas.
Good luck I agree this card could be good but it reads much better than it lives.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I know many got the ax after target use. I have been there, on other cards ( blue). But I remain open with moderate use. I love the possible redemptions, and drain my rewards every 30,000 points or so.
Are any of you reloading your RB any surviving? I've been doing some < 1000 loads but never more than one a day. I have 3 birds to feed , but don't want to be that Pig. But if I don't use it , it may not be worth having.
Tell me a success story.... A true success story
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:51 am

Datapoint: I just got shut down yesterday after using my card (2K load) at Target 2 days ago. It's interesting that, unlike others here who have gotten their accounts locked, mine was immediately closed the following day and a $300 annual fee credit issued before I even got to talk with them. I got about 100K points in the 3 months or so I had the card. I was able to transfer all points out (after the shut down), waiting for them to post in the next few days (however pending points from the last target load never posted, but I'd take the refund over that!).
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Datapoint: I just got shut down yesterday after using my card (2K load) at Target 2 days ago. It's interesting that, unlike others here who have gotten their accounts locked, mine was immediately closed the following day and a $300 annual fee credit issued before I even got to talk with them. I got about 100K points in the 3 months or so I had the card. I was able to transfer all points out (after the shut down), waiting for them to post in the next few days (however pending points from the last target load never posted, but I'd take the refund over that!).
Sorry for your loss. That was not what I wanted to hear. Was it a single 2k load or 2 separate 1k loads? had you done 2K previously. Had your history , with the card been :

all target use
some target some RX and grocery
mostly Rx and grocery and a little target.

thanks for sharing. was this recent spending within your normal pattern, or did it represent an increase?

did you spend more in a month , than your credit limit?

This will be very useful information, and it is appreciated.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Sorry for your loss. That was not what I wanted to hear. Was it a single 2k load or 2 separate 1k loads? had you done 2K previously. Had your history , with the card been :

all target use
some target some RX and grocery
mostly Rx and grocery and a little target.

thanks for sharing. was this recent spending within your normal pattern, or did it represent an increase?

did you spend more in a month , than your credit limit?

This will be very useful information, and it is appreciated.
Because of Target employee's unwillingness to combine the transaction, I had them done separately. Perhaps that triggered a review, but I did not get declined at the time of transaction. I had many 1X charges, but nowhere near as much as Target or Grocery Stores. My spending pattern had not changed, I was doing about 10K a month at 3X places. My CL was 50K, but paid off very frequently so I don't scare the bank for running up charges. My last charge of 2K Target, my balance was already back to almost 0.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: All of them
Because of Target employee's unwillingness to combine the transaction, I had them done separately. Perhaps that triggered a review, but I did not get declined at the time of transaction. I had many 1X charges, but nowhere near as much as Target or Grocery Stores. My spending pattern had not changed, I was doing about 10K a month at 3X places. My CL was 50K, but paid off very frequently so I don't scare the bank for running up charges. My last charge of 2K Target, my balance was already back to almost 0.
I heard from a little bird that frequent CL payoffs are a big red flag to them. The safest policy is to shop at 3x stores and use up no more than 1x CL per month.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I heard from a little bird that frequent CL payoffs are a big red flag to them. The safest policy is to shop at 3x stores and use up no more than 1x CL per month.
Could be, but the bottom line is I think they are losing money on this product and that was most lilkely the decision of the shutdown. I am supposed to get a letter in the mail, I will update if any reason provided.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: All of them
Could be, but the bottom line is I think they are losing money on this product and that was most lilkely the decision of the shutdown. I am supposed to get a letter in the mail, I will update if any reason provided.
I've been spending around 20-30k per month at 3x, and my CL is 40k, so I'm not exactly a casual MSer. I don't know if they're getting to everyone in due time, or if they legitimately think there's fraud going on and only flag the most obvious abusers.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:58 am

I agree the bottom line is that they just don't like MS. Little birdies have said various things to various people and they are all pretty much different aspects of MS. While I hope I am wrong I think any amount of MS on these cards will eventually get you closed.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:56 pm

A guy I work with tried his card at lunch today and discovered that it was closed. He said he didn't previously get an email or a freeze and had only been doing around 10k MS per month. Perhaps they are closing your account now instead of freezing if you trip their flag.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:18 pm

Mine was shut down yesterday too. I had spent around 25k in 3 months with 5k limit and 95% of that was on 3x category and mostly MS. I was able to transfer 77k points to Alaska last night. I had not done any MS on target but had some regular purchases under $20 on target. My last transaction before shut down was $2 charge on target. My account also was immediately closed and received refund of annual fee. I wish I had hit it harder.The good thing is that DC doesn't report to credit bureaus yet. I hope that we are not blacklisted by DC for possible future application.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:51 pm

I just logged in to my account and saw the $300 credit for the annual fee. I suppose my card is closed. I put in around $24K of mostly 3X category spending in 2 and a half months before my account got locked in late Dec. Never used it at Target.

I guess I should call them and ask for a check.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by tarakcih
I just logged in to my account and saw the $300 credit for the annual fee. I suppose my card is closed. I put in around $24K of mostly 3X category spending in 2 and a half months before my account got locked in late Dec. Never used it at Target.

I guess I should call them and ask for a check.
Did they end up closing your account?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by wpast
Did they end up closing your account?
Yeah. I tried adding the card to my paypal account and it was denied. When the card was locked previously, the card website said "watch account" or something like that. But now it said "closed account".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.