Search

WalMart Bill Pay Diners Club? [No]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
...they only have accts beginning in 8.
This is simply inaccurate, and it's not even understandable confusion because (to my knowledge) NO general purpose credit card accounts begin with 8.

• 3 = American Express; Diners Club (excluding Canada and USA)
  • 4 = VISA
  • 5 = MasterCard (including Diners Club cards issued in Canada and USA)
  • 6 = Discover
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly that is the subject of this thread, and the answer is: Diners Club.
It appears I was conflating reports of successful payments through online banking with payments through WM.

I have moved a few posts from another thread to consolidate discussion of the billpay options in this thread.

My current understanding is that payment can be made through the Diners Club site from a USA bank account, or from a USA bank using online billpay (which is likely outsourced to CheckFree), but not at WalMart.

Last edited by mia; Nov 12, 2014 at 11:10 am
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I got the impression my csr at checksfree was reading only what he saw and knows nothing

HUCA
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:59 pm

I've tried paying to Mastercard and Diners Club at Kmart. When trying through MC the system replied that the account could not be found. With Diners Club the system replied that the account could not be paid at this time. WM and Kmart both use checkfreepay so I expect similar results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.