Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When I cancel my membership...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2003, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

When I cancel my membership...

Every year, I pay $300 annual fee in May. If I cancel my membership now, can I get money for the portion from October through May? I cannot justify $300 a year for nothing anymore.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Satoshi:
Every year, I pay $300 annual fee in May. If I cancel my membership now, can I get money for the portion from October through May? I cannot justify $300 a year for nothing anymore. </font>
May I infer from your $300 annual fee that you have a Carte Blanche card? If so, can you tell us about your experiences with it? The general consensus here seems to be that that program has essentially no benefits above the regular Diners Club card that are actually worth anything.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Well, the poster did characterize his or her card + benefits as "nothing" ...
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
I am using the CB for almost a year now. I like the customer service. beyond that i will get some nice gifts once in awhile. The last gift I got was some customize stationary - it is nice but i do not think it worth the $300. I am hoping they will add some car/hotel/airline benefits. I would not even mind if they increase the fee to maybe $600-1000.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 4:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA 100K:
I am using the CB for almost a year now. I like the customer service. beyond that i will get some nice gifts once in awhile. The last gift I got was some customize stationary - it is nice but i do not think it worth the $300. I am hoping they will add some car/hotel/airline benefits. I would not even mind if they increase the fee to maybe $600-1000.</font>

I'd wager that with $300 I could buy myself stationery that I'd like better than what DC USA marketing could think up.

They've come up with some real boner-head marketing schemes in the past (CB being one of them, in my frank opinion).
Old Oct 4, 2003, 8:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Satoshi:
Every year, I pay $300 annual fee in May... </font>
I wondered who had one of the two Carte Blanche ever issued
Old Oct 5, 2003, 1:35 pm
W-N

Programs: AA PLT 3MM..... WN CP & A-List Preferred.... SPG Platinum
If they would add elite status/benefits with a hotel chain and airline for CB, it might be worth the $300. Until something like that happens, I'm sticking with my standard Diners card.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA 100K:
I do not think it worth the $300... I would not even mind if they increase the fee to maybe $600-$1000.</font>
As John Cleese said in the cheese shop sketch: explain the logic underlying that conclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.