Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

To Add Insult to Injury Due to The Conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To Add Insult to Injury Due to The Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Angry To Add Insult to Injury Due to The Conversion

I've posted about the fact that I have been unable to access my account online since November, and only the November 10 statement is available. A week ago my BMO contact called and said "Great news, you now have access." I did not, and sent a screen shot of what I saw. I asked for some compensation, and was offered an unspecified amount of points. I said I would discuss that after access was restored.

Finally today they figured out the problem and called me to explain, and I now have access. I asked about compensation and was shocked and insulted when I was offered 2,000 points. I was actuially insulted becaue of all of the time I have spent with their rep trying to get access back, and they make this meager offer. I suggested 100,000 points would be more like it.

2,000 points is worth about $13.33 as a statement credit, and they can keep them. Because I had no access to Club Rewards either, I missed out on a 25% bonus on transfers to Aeroplan which by itself would have been about 30,000 points.

Told the contact I was terminating the conversation and hung up.

What a bunch of idiots. My annual charges are about $60k to $80k, with over $8,000 on the current statement. I generally monitor my activity several time a week, and havenot been able to do so since November, nor pay on line. They have destroyed the franchise, and aren't willing to compensate people for the inconvenience they caused.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheCount2
...I missed out on a 25% bonus on transfers to Aeroplan...
Did you attempt the transfer by telephone? Did BMO offer any explanation of the problem when online access to your account was restored?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Did you attempt the transfer by telephone? Did BMO offer any explanation of the problem when online access to your account was restored?
I didn't try the transfer by telephone because I didn't know the offer was available. I have had no access to the Club Rewards site. I went to the Aeroplan website because I was starting to make reservations when November/December 2012 flights became available, and found an expired offer.

They told me it was because my card was cloned and used fraudulently, and they were having trouble with people who received new cards due to fraud. I tried many times to add the account with my new number but it always failed, until they fixed something today. They were neve specific aboout the problem, only that it could take a long time to resolve.

And I was mistaken about the value of 2,000 points, as it is worth $20 as a Tailored Travel credit.

And since I had a chance to look at my Rewards statement for the first time since the October statement, I found unexplained forfeitures in it, so I've had to get back in touch with my Executive Communications contact again, however this time I also copied the CEO and the head of Corporate cards as well.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

I didn't try the transfer by telephone because I didn't know the offer was available. I have had no access to the Club Rewards site. I went to the Aeroplan website because I was starting to make reservations when November/December 2012 flights became available, and found an expired offer.

They told me it was because my card was cloned and used fraudulently, and they were having trouble with people who received new cards due to fraud. I tried many times to add the account with my new number but it always failed, until they fixed something today. They were neve specific aboout the problem, only that it could take a long time to resolve.

And I was mistaken about the value of 2,000 points, as it is worth $20 as a Tailored Travel credit.

And since I had a chance to look at my Rewards statement for the first time since the October statement, I found unexplained forfeitures in it, so I've had to get back in touch with my Executive Communications contact again, however this time I also copied the CEO and the head of Corporate cards as well.
So I received a letter from Steve Pedersen today (yes, snail mail) with the return address of Diners Club Complaints. He said that they had already done enough for me and that I should be satisfied with the 2,000 points they generously credited to my account. He also denied that there was ever any Diners Club to AC bonus, despite that fact that the expired program is easily discovered through a Google search.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:39 am
mia

... denied that there was ever any Diners Club to AC bonus, despite that fact that the expired program is easily discovered through a Google search.
I don't recall any discussion of it here. Can you provide a link to the search result?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I don't recall any discussion of it here. Can you provide a link to the search result?
I'm not sure if it was ever discussed here. If it was, I would have noticed it. I've been building up my DC points ever since the option to transfer them to CO was eliminated, and wanted a *A ff program to transfer them to. I will be transferring my DC points to Aeroplan.

I noticed it on the Aeroplan site but it had already expired. I didn't try to find it there but it is referenced here and in at least one other site:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...ther-programs/

Do you think I misinterpreted something?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:36 am
mia

Do you think I misinterpreted something?
No, but this was an Aeroplan promotion of which Diners Club would have no knowledge. The bonus was awarded by Aeroplan for transfers from many partners. The offer was discussed in the Flyertalk Aeroplan forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...promotion.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.