Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Diners Club International Website & Global Branding Campaign

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE

The International site seems to have been redesigned and moved to http://www.dinersclubinternational.com.

I liked the stylish design of the old site, but the new one isn't too bad either. The only problem I have is that it is not possible to see the airport lounge information using my mobile phone any longer - a pain when trying to locate the Diners lounge at a new airport. Oh well, I don't encounter new airports too often any more.

When browsing I noticed that the Goldair lounge in Athens is now an official Diners Club lounge, and the entrance is then probably free for most DC members ^.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:49 am

New Diners Club International Global Branding Campaign

Diners International is launching a new global branding campaign. See attached link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Diners....html?x=0&.v=1
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:44 pm

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
A good, old-fashioned affinity point promotion would move this dog up my foodchain of useage priorities. Otherwise, I don't relish accumulating Diners Club points so I mostly avoid using the card itself.

Is there a chance this new owner will figure out with the massive, massive choices of cards and affinity cards in the marketplace, few things "break through the noise" except point promotions.

"Earn" (like double points) or "burn" (as in half priced awards) either way - but the old "1-for$1" doesn't carry much weight these days, with so much devaluing of all affinity points by both airlines and hotel chains.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:24 pm

New Global Advertising Campaign

I have watched the promotional video more times than I will admit. I would like to know their ideal demographic for this campaign to see how closely I match their target audience. I think the signage, print, and television are all very magnetic in that I am drawn to it and I “get it” and I am inspired to act. After watching the television advertisement I can say that I have a desire to "belong" to their club. Sadly, my Elite World MasterCard with Priority Pass satisfies all of my credit needs and an advertising campaign alone will not make me switch. However, for what it is worth I think Diners Club should extend the contract with this marketing agency. This is great advertising.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILUVCITIBANK
A good, old-fashioned affinity point promotion would move this dog up my foodchain of useage priorities. Otherwise, I don't relish accumulating Diners Club points so I mostly avoid using the card itself.
You're in the wrong thread! What's being discussed in this thread is Discover Financial, which is the new owner of the merchant processing network Diners Club (as opposed to MC), not the new owner of the US Diners Club program. That is Bank of Montreal (as of a few months from now).

It's the Diners Club reward program that you are talking about, whereas the promotion is for the cards (non-US, non-Canada) tied to the new Diners Club acceptance network. (That's for those cards that don't have an MC on the front.)

And meanwhile, the affinity perks are completely different for each country's franchise, so there's no point and no ability to do "worldwide" promotions regarding points.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:09 pm

I'm wondering when Diners will begin accepting new applications for the personal cards.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteveT
I'm wondering when Diners will begin accepting new applications for the personal cards.
You too are in the wrong thread! Lots of Diners Club franchises are taking applications for personal cards today, but not Diners Club North America (which has nothing to do with what is being discussed in this thread, which is only about non-North-American DCs).

You want the Bank of Montreal thread. They are buying the US/Canada DC franchise from Citi, and so they are the only ones who can being accepting new applications for DC "Professional" (personal) cards in US/Canada.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Admirals Club, RCC, Avis First
I'm also a US based DC card holder, so this thread doesn't really apply to my card directly, but am curious if the move from the old diners network to the Discover network is considered a positive move. Will this increase or decrease the range of acceptance of DC for non-US based holders around the world?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.