Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002

Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*

I searched both the DL forum and the Budget forum and could not find any matches for MUAZ002. Sorry if I missed this. Got an email today from Budget. Oddly, the promotional period is March 31, 2009 through December 31, 2009. ???? The email also had a link marked "Register" but it looks like there is no registration for this promotion. I think the link should have read "Rent Not" because you end up here.

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...medallion.html

The T&C do not say you must use the BCD code but it also does not say that the offer is good with any BCD code. I would guess any BCD code will work. I suspect that the banter in this thread will be about BCD codes and "participating airport locations where Delta flies". Post your successes and I will edit mile marker #1 with a list.

Red and blue bolding is mine.
Budget Rewards SkyMiles Medallion Members [NOT NECESSARILY!!! see this post - UPDATE 10/6 - TWO NON-MEDALLIONS HAVE CONFIRMED WITH ME THAT THEIR BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED TO THEIR SKYMILES ACCOUNT] with 3,000 bonus miles and savings of up to 20%!

As a Delta SkyMiles Medallion member, take advantage of a great offer from Budget that is reusable throughout the year.

* Earn 3,000 bonus miles on qualifying rentals of one or more days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X) until December 31, 2009.
* Mention coupon number MUAZ002 and your Delta SkyMiles number at the time of reservation or at the counter to receive bonus miles.
* Mention BCD number U093300 to receive discount of up to 20% off your rental.

Offer subject to complete Terms & Conditions below.

terms and conditions
3,000 bonus miles offer is valid from March 15, 2009 through December 31, 2009 on qualifying weekly rentals of one or more consecutive days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada where Delta Air Lines flies. Must use Coupon number MUAZ002. You must provide SkyMiles number at time of rental or check-in to receive bonus miles. A 24-hour advance reservation is required. Offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X). The savings of up to 20% applies to Budget leisure weekly and weekend rates and is applicable only to the time-and-mileage charges of the rental. Offer does not apply to car group X. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less, except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and refueling are extra. Renter must meet Budget age, driver, and credit requirements. Vehicle must be returned to renting location, except where otherwise permitted. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day, may apply. Mileage accrual structure subject to change. Rental must begin by December 31, 2009.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Confirmed Locations

Last edited by Evan!; Dec 11, 2009 at 9:13 pm
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Evan!
I searched both the DL forum and the Budget forum and could not find any matches for MUAZ002. Sorry if I missed this. Got an email today from Budget. Oddly, the promotional period is March 31, 2009 through December 31, 2009. ???? The email also had a link marked "Register" but it looks like there is no registration for this promotion. I think the link should have read "Rent Not" because you end up here.

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...medallion.html

The T&C do not say you must use the BCD code but it also does not say that the offer is good with any BCD code. I would guess any BCD code will work. I suspect that the banter in this thread will be about BCD codes and "participating airport locations where Delta flies". Post your successes and I will edit mile marker #1 with a list.

Red bolding is mine.
Budget Rewards SkyMiles Medallion Members with
3,000 bonus miles and savings of up to 20%!

As a Delta SkyMiles Medallion member, take advantage of a great offer from Budget that is reusable throughout the year.

* Earn 3,000 bonus miles on qualifying rentals of one or more days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X) until December 31, 2009.
* Mention coupon number MUAZ002 and your Delta SkyMiles number at the time of reservation or at the counter to receive bonus miles.
* Mention BCD number U093300 to receive discount of up to 20% off your rental.

Offer subject to complete Terms & Conditions below.

terms and conditions
3,000 bonus miles offer is valid from March 15, 2009 through December 31, 2009 on qualifying weekly rentals of one or more consecutive days at participating Budget airport locations in the U.S. and Canada where Delta Air Lines flies. Must use Coupon number MUAZ002. You must provide SkyMiles number at time of rental or check-in to receive bonus miles. A 24-hour advance reservation is required. Offer valid on all car groups, excluding Specialty (group X). The savings of up to 20% applies to Budget leisure weekly and weekend rates and is applicable only to the time-and-mileage charges of the rental. Offer does not apply to car group X. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less, except in Louisiana $49.99/day) and refueling are extra. Renter must meet Budget age, driver, and credit requirements. Vehicle must be returned to renting location, except where otherwise permitted. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day, may apply. Mileage accrual structure subject to change. Rental must begin by December 31, 2009.

Allow 4 to 6 weeks after qualification for bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Great catch Evan! Now the usual guessing game of is my location participating begins.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Great catch Evan! Now the usual guessing game of is my location participating begins.
I'll be able to report on FLL on Sept 20. However I don't foresee using this promo (over the Avis one) anywhere else.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:33 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
I well may try this even though I'm a NW elite (not officially a DL Medallion yet), but of course if any non-DL Medallion tries it and gets the bonus, please post.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I am a non-DL medallion and am using this promo as the price is significantly less than other promotions for my rental. Not sure why, but a good deal and if I get the 3,000 points, it will just be icing on the cake!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LGA
I well may try this even though I'm a NW elite (not officially a DL Medallion yet), but of course if any non-DL Medallion tries it and gets the bonus, please post.
Originally Posted by GoCanes
I am a non-DL medallion and am using this promo as the price is significantly less than other promotions for my rental. Not sure why, but a good deal and if I get the 3,000 points, it will just be icing on the cake!
I think the "medallion" part of this promo is just an attempt to make some believe they are more special than they really are. Delta is not giving us the 3K for this promo... Budget is. I doubt if they will cross-reference our SM# with Delta for verification that the # belongs to a medallion. Perhaps the email was sent only to medallions but both DL and Budget should know (and DO know) that these coupon codes are passed around on more than just FT.

GoCanes, please post as soon as you get your receipt when you return your car and let us know if the 3K shows up.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Marriott Plat (lifetime), Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Evan!
I'll be able to report on FLL on Sept 20. However I don't foresee using this promo (over the Avis one) anywhere else.
I'm going to cancel my Hertz reservation in BOS next week and try this code with Budget instead. The Avis codes don't work well for me since 99% of my rentals are 1-2 days.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:07 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Thanks Evan!
I wonder if there is a limit to the number of rentals? I didn't see that part in the fine print .
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MRKEY
Thanks Evan!
I wonder if there is a limit to the number of rentals? I didn't see that part in the fine print .
Not specifically, no. But the T&C do say this: "Mileage accrual structure subject to change."

Back in 2008 Budget had a 5K SM bonus for a 2-day rental. The T&C magically changed mid-stream (read: middle of the promotional period) to add a limit of 3 bonuses per customer. Many, including myself, were able to get more than 3 bonuses. For me, all my bookings were made prior to Budget changing the T&C for that promo. I don't know if this was the reason why I was able to get more than 3 bonuses. They could invoke their "right" to limit the number of 3K bonuses for this promo.

It won't stop me from using it. Once the 3K does not show up on my receipt I will stop using the code and cancel any upcoming rentals that use the code. I won't pay the FF mile fee that rental car agencies charge for a lousy 50, 100, or even 200 miles unless there is an airline partner promo where I can bump that earning up by a grand or so. Right now CO has the Mileathon and US has the 2009 Grand Slam partner promos.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:24 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Does this work for 1 day rentals?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Does this work for 1 day rentals?
See title of thread or mile marker #1, first bullet.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 15, 2013 at 6:42 pm
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
I can confirm this code works, turned in a 1-day rental at PHL tonight and the receipt shows 3100 miles. Then I turned around and drove off in rental #2... the guy just laughed and told me to keep the same car when he handed me my new paperwork. 3100 more tomorrow when i turn this one in and fly home!

For those that are worried about the budget miles posting, i've been doing these promos for awhile now and I can say if the miles show on your receipt then you are in good shape, so don't leave until they are on there. In my experience i've only had problems when trusting their website/fastbreak service to remember my info, which I stopped doing. It seems to "forget" your skymiles number or coupon number more often than not, and at most airports it only saves a few minutes because Budget is awful, fastbreak or not.

So your best bet is to make the reservation as a "regular Joe" and then pick up the car at the counter, making sure to give them your skymiles number and triple-check that the coupon and skymiles number show on the contract. Since i started doing it this way i haven't missed a single bonus.

Finally, for those that are wondering whether this is targetted, I can't say for sure because i got the email (as a PM), but I HIGHLY doubt budget's system is sophisticated enough to check with Delta whether or not you are a medallion member. Their system isn't even sophisticated enough to remember the details you put in when you reserved.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
How long should I expect to wait to see the miles on my rental receipt posted? I would also like to note that Budget tried to charge me $2 more than the price quoted online.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clay_C.
How long should I expect to wait to see the miles on my rental receipt posted? I would also like to note that Budget tried to charge me $2 more than the price quoted online.
The price quoted on line does not reflect the charge for FF miles. My receipts for both Avis and Budget are always a couple dollars more because of this charge. You are actually buying FF miles from most rental car companies. That's why 50 or 100 miles for a rental is not worth it. But 3K, 4K, and up are worth it for me.

The receipt you get when you return the car in the garage (or lot) should have the FF miles at the bottom if it is issued by a hand-held device from the rep. If you go to the counter to return your car you might not see the miles on the printout (always faded with little-to-no ink ).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.