Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMiles Promotions: Questions and Discrepancies

Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:50 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles

FlyerTalkers -- My name is Kevin Pinto, and I work on SkyMiles promotions at Delta. Going forward, any questions or discrepancies related to this and other SkyMiles promotions can be directed to me for consideration and handling at [email protected]. Please provide me with as much background as possible as well as your contact information (SM#, email address, etc.). Thanks, Kevin

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 21, 2009 at 8:11 pm Reason: Removed content that is not pertinent to this thread.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I hope Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions does not mind, but I felt that this warranted a separate yet consolidated thread for those Delta forum FlyerTalk members who have questions and discrepancies regarding the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program. The content posted above was copied to this thread.

In addition, this thread has been added to the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-do-delta.html “sticky” thread for the convenience of all Delta forum FlyerTalk members.

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Delta forum, Kevin!

I am definitely glad that you could join us. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions
FlyerTalkers -- My name is Kevin Pinto, and I work on SkyMiles promotions at Delta. Going forward, any questions or discrepancies related to this and other SkyMiles promotions can be directed to me for consideration and handling at [email protected]. Please provide me with as much background as possible as well as your contact information (SM#, email address, etc.). Thanks, Kevin
Kevin,

Let me also add my welcome to FlyerTalk!! It is always great to have Delta employees in this forum. Thanks for joining.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:29 pm

Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

welcome!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: DL KM
Kevin,

Thanks for offering your services to us. You'll be a great resource.

Welcome!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:57 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Outstanding, welcome aboard. Now for a question.... NW has a page where you can see all the promotions you are currently enrolled in. Is Delta planning on doing the same? As it is now, there is no way to verify exactly what promotions you are actually enrolled in or to keep a record of it.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: DL DM, SC, Marriott Plat
Welcome to FT.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DaChief
Outstanding, welcome aboard. Now for a question.... NW has a page where you can see all the promotions you are currently enrolled in. Is Delta planning on doing the same? As it is now, there is no way to verify exactly what promotions you are actually enrolled in or to keep a record of it.
A big ditto for the suggestion of a page showing us what promotions were are registered for.

But, a more basic issue. Why does DL require that we register for the promotion? Many are targeted... DL sought us out with the intention of providing us the promotion. Why not just make illegibility automatic for those targeted?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
A big ditto for the suggestion of a page showing us what promotions were are registered for.

But, a more basic issue. Why does DL require that we register for the promotion? Many are targeted... DL sought us out with the intention of providing us the promotion. Why not just make illegibility automatic for those targeted?
my guess is the answer is a certain percentage of people will not register, so why give them miles? While it doesn't translate directly to more miles for me i would be willing to bet the promos would be less generous if they were auto-enroll, since they wouldn't be counting on a certain percentage to not sign up.

And this Kevin guy is legit, i emailed him this morning with a minor issue and the missing miles are already in my account. Thanks Kevin!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Was that pun intentional? Some would argue that that feature is indeed automatic with the current Delta promotions.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by CurlyKrakow
Was that pun intentional? Some would argue that that feature is indeed automatic with the current Delta promotions.
LOL (at myself)... the downside of increased reliance on spell checkers
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Welcome to the forum, Kevin.

For the rest of you, I have actually met Kevin before in person. At the Freddie Awards a few years ago in Los Angeles, Kevin represented Delta Air Lines. I was actually able to chat with him for a good while (at least an hour) about the issues. He is definitely interested in his job, which is slightly different now (the job not the interest) than it was then.

He was very open to me at the time, he gave me his business card with phone number and email. I told him that I would contact him if needed. I was saving that as my trump card for when a really bad deal came along. Fortunately, it has never come along.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by indufan
Welcome to the forum, Kevin.

For the rest of you, I have actually met Kevin before in person. At the Freddie Awards a few years ago in Los Angeles, Kevin represented Delta Air Lines. I was actually able to chat with him for a good while (at least an hour) about the issues. He is definitely interested in his job, which is slightly different now (the job not the interest) than it was then.

He was very open to me at the time, he gave me his business card with phone number and email. I told him that I would contact him if needed. I was saving that as my trump card for when a really bad deal came along. Fortunately, it has never come along.
Good to know, thanks indufan-

Welcome Kevin and thanks for giving us your contact info (you are a brave man )
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Welcome Kevin to FT!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I'll add both my welcome and my thanks to Kevin!
He took my 4 weeks of bobbled UP TO TRPL and fixed it, and went beyond the call of duty - in less than 18 hours!

Now he will be on vacation next week, so give him a break (maybe he'll spend it reading up on FT?).

Just to say we had pleasant correspondence, with great help. This is one "Pinto" that runs fast, gives great mileage, and will be a joy for FT to keep!

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 24, 2009 at 11:58 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.