Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Up to 25K bonus miles for partner activity APR22-JUN22

Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I suspect allot of people are stopping at 8 -- I might be one of them How many think they have a good chance at reaching 15 or 25? Maybe if I was traveling & could fit in rental cars & hotels it would be easier.
I'm hitting 15 on Delta and shooting for 8 on NW. Wasn't too much of a stretch with a little travel and hotels/car rentals if you spread them around.

There was just no way I could to 25 without significant out of pocket spend so switched some things to NW and picked up some of the easy low/no cost ones there to pick up some more miles (dining, emiles, insurance quote, etc.).
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, BA, DL, UA
anybody has relatively new Skymile account and points.com is unable to confirm the account? It has been three weeks....worries that I won't be able to do a point swap on points.com before this promotion ends
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I suspect allot of people are stopping at 8 -- I might be one of them How many think they have a good chance at reaching 15 or 25? Maybe if I was traveling & could fit in rental cars & hotels it would be easier.
Getting to 25 this year would mean, at least for me, a LOT of extra effort an possibly expense. I blew my Marriott & SPG balances on the late-2008 150% partner promo so there are two right there I could not use for this promo. Also, last year the promotion dates covered Valentine's Day... more opportunities for flowers and gift purchases.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:56 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I've had 6 activities post and am shooting for a total of 8. I'm out of this game after that point.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver
should I go for 25?

thanks to a bunch of business travel, I'll be able to make 15 with very little effort. Thus far, I have:

1. Skymiles AmEx
2. Skymiles Dining & Hotels (1 dine)
3. e-miles transfer
4. points.com transfer
5. Skymiles Clothing care purchase
6. Avis rental
7. Hertz rental
8. Hilton Hhonors hotel stay
9. Marriott rewards hotel stay
10. Starwood (pts xfer)
11. Wyndham group hotel stay
12. Best Western Gold Club hotel stay
13. Skymiles Dining & Hotels (1 hotel stay)

All of the above have posted. After this week I'll have a Choice property credit, so that makes 14. I also have a Hyatt stay from this past weekend, which should credit toward Skymiles, so that makes 15.

15,000 Skymiles thanks to a particularly brutal business travel period that happily coincided with this promotion. However, now I'm to the point where I'm going to have to lay out real money if I want to make 25. Looking over the list, here is what I see as reasonable:

16. random list of retail partners (Ameriprise quote or something)
17. buy/gift/xfer miles, probably to my wife.
18. Skymiles Shopping
19. Skymiles Subscriptions
20. FTD
21. 1800Flowers
22. Teleflora
23. Shutterfly

so that gets me to 23. and what kills me is that I also have a Priority Club stay and a GoldPoints Plus stay during the past couple of weeks -- but I screwed up by registering my PC profile for their 2/1 stay/free night deal instead of Skymiles, and I only stayed in the GP Plus property one night, so I didn't earn enough points (10K) for the automatic transfer of points to miles.
I just caught the PC mistake, and redeemed a Priority Club reward for miles, but that may not post in time (webpage says allow 4-6 weeks). Even if it does, it still only brings me to 24, and after this week my travel will stop until after the end of the promotion (ironically, the week after). So to make 25, it looks like I'll have to rent a car I don't need, just for a day (unless I want to drop a few thousand dollars into an investment account I don't want, or something similar).

I haven't crunched the numbers yet to see if I think it's worth it; I'm looking at either spending a little bit on small ticket items (SM shopping & mags), spending a bit more for some things I (or my wife) like but don't need (flowers & shutterfly), and then dropping money down a hole for the last one (unneeded rental car) -- or two, if the PC points don't transfer in time.

Or I could save all of it and just be happy with 15K Skymiles.

Anybody got an opinion?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
04 May 2009 Shutterfly - 01MAY09 xxxxxxxx (posted on 02Jun2009)
40 0 40
Shutterfly must only post once a month. Mine posted on June 2 also with a May 29 date.

I got a total of 60 miles for a $2.50 purchase (not including tax & shipping). Bought a $2.50 poster collage during their 50% off sale.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:31 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by aka Julie
Shutterfly must only post once a month. Mine posted on June 2 also with a May 29 date.

I got a total of 60 miles for a $2.50 purchase (not including tax & shipping). Bought a $2.50 poster collage during their 50% off sale.
My SHutterfly purchase posted as well. Plus, I got some sort of 250 mile bonus for being a new customer.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by aka Julie
Hmmm.....mine did NOT post My order was about a week ago, thru the DL page link, I entered my SM#, and the print I ordered arrived yesterday.....
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Hmmm.....mine did NOT post My order was about a week ago, thru the DL page link, I entered my SM#, and the print I ordered arrived yesterday.....
Your's will post probably in July, with a retroactive crediting date to the date of order. The reason there's a delayed payout date for the bonus miles is to allow for "late postings" such as ShutterFly.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Your's will post probably in July, with a retroactive crediting date to the date of order. The reason there's a delayed payout date for the bonus miles is to allow for "late postings" such as ShutterFly.
My experience is that a stand-alone Shutterfly order will have a transaction date a few days after you placed your order. This may correspond to the ship date. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11688837-post239.html

That information may not be important to ALadyNCal, but for people who decide to earn their partners in the last few days of the promo, that information would be critical.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by yuel
just a reminder to some folks, before staying at hotels for this promo, you can do this promo first
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/triple...ode=Summer09TS
Could you explain further, please? I don't understand. Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by lolosmama
Could you explain further, please? I don't understand. Thanks.
Skymiles return on investment.

3 stays = 10,000 miles = 3,333 per stay

versus a stay that might garner an additional 1,000 miles under the promo (although you have to take into account the marginal benefit --- one additional stay could get you 7,000 miles if you're going from 8 activities to 15, or 10,000 miles if you're going from 15 to 25 activities).

I felt it was a good reminder that there are other promos out there.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Skymiles return on investment.

3 stays = 10,000 miles = 3,333 per stay

versus a stay that might garner an additional 1,000 miles under the promo (although you have to take into account the marginal benefit --- one additional stay could get you 7,000 miles if you're going from 8 activities to 15, or 10,000 miles if you're going from 15 to 25 activities).

I felt it was a good reminder that there are other promos out there.
Got it. Thanks! I thought that you meant that it somehow would substitute for a hotel stay.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
My experience is that a stand-alone Shutterfly order will have a transaction date a few days after you placed your order. This may correspond to the ship date. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11688837-post239.html

That information may not be important to ALadyNCal, but for people who decide to earn their partners in the last few days of the promo, that information would be critical.
I've checked the terms on a lot of sites, and the general rule is that the transaction date is the date your credit card was billed. Most sites that sell products don't bill your card until the shipping date. That is one reason that miles earned from purchases seem to take longer.

Because of this, any purchases you plan to make for this promotion should be made well before the end of the promotion, to allow for backorders.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:48 pm

To update my list:

13. Delta Amex *
21. SkyMilesShopping (iTunes) *
22. SkyMiles Dining *
39. Points.com (30 US DM=1 SM) *
42. Thanks Again (iTunes) *
49. National Car Rental *
59. Choice Hotels (Rodeway Inn on 6/12)
77. Ameriprise Insurance quote *

* already posted

I'm also doing the NWA offer, but only four:

Marriott (Fairfield Inn on 6/13)
Dining for Miles *
21st Century Insurance quote
Thanks Again (iTunes)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.