Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Any chance the site cookie could remember the last name as well as the FF#? It would be nice to only have to type my PIN when I get timed out.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Any chance the site cookie could remember the last name as well as the FF#? It would be nice to only have to type my PIN when I get timed out.
That's all I have to do - type my pin, and it's been that way for months.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Booking award travel for another elite.

When booking an award ticket using my points I will get better availability as I am an elite, but if the person I am booking for is also elite using my point I need to call to get that better availability. Therefore when booking award travel it would be nice to be able to put in the person's FF# so they get the availability based on their status.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Looks like my SWUs from NWA.com did not transfer to delta.com
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Old Delayed Flights showing up on "Itineraries" list

Delayed flights continue to show up on the "Itineraries & Check-in" page until the roundtrip itinerary is completed.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Award Calendar Works (for BE) only for Trips Originating in Atlanta

Earlier today I posted a frustrating exchange I had with Delta's customer (dis)service department regarding bugs in the award calendar at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post13277420

I got a response from CarrolDisney1 that she was able to use the calemdar to book tickets to CDG, while WScottsdaleInsider confirmed that he experienced the same bug I did. Being the geek that I am I decided to investigate further and find out why we failed where she was successful.

I conducted a short test where I tried to book trips (in Frist/Business) from various points in the US to FCO starting 3/19 returning 3/31. I found out the following:
- The award calendar works for ATL-FCO.
- The award calendar works for JFK FCO
- The award calendar works for PHX - ATL.
- The award calendar does not work for PHX-FCO.
- The award calendar does not work for FLL-FCO or DFW-FCO either.

I used the term "does not work" to describe the following sequence:
- Go to award ticket reservation page.
- Select the following:
- Origin: PHX 3/27/2010 (can be substituted with FLL, DFW etc)
- Destination: FCO 3/31/2010
- Check the "I am flexible" box
- Select "First/Business" class of service
- Press "GO"
- The system displays the calendar indicating some days in Green, some in yellow, some in red. There are no blanks.
- Select the original dates (in my case they were both yellow).
- Press continue.
- The system displays the "Select Outbound Flights" page that displays no flights.
- In the place where flights are normally displayed the system displays the following message:
"There are no flights available for the day requested. Click Start Over to try another day or to search for different cities.".

I challenge the DL software team responsible for the award calendar to donate $10 to the Haiti Red Cross relief fund on my behalf as a reward for this service.

DLP
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Two issues -

1. Prompted, again, to supply email address today but not yesterday.
2. Attempted for to six time to completed res JAX - IND and rtn for April, clicked on 'Purchase' button and 'System Unavailable' displayed. Finally had to call web tech support to push res through. Rebooting PC and clearing cache didn't resolve issue and no problems working through pages until 'Purchase' page.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:51 am

I didn't see where it was already mentioned, but sorry if it has:

Just wanted to note the current mix-up of "757-300" showing up for the type on what looks to be any Delta/NWA 757-x flight.

*whoops - well I found where it was already mentioned. Still an issue though.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 3:00 pm

Has anyone else had a problem with DL unilaterally (ie without ME doing it) cancelling award reservations that have been put on HOLD using the website?
I had a 25k domestic reservation put on hold yesterday, then go today to try to book it & it says the itin was cancelled. Customer service rep says that the flights were cancelled about 2 minutes after it was booked (no idea why I would do that...), and that the same flights would now be 40k miles. Luckily, supervisor decided to honor the 25k so I'm out of the woods, but for a few weeks I'm not going to rely on the award reservation hold system...

PS - I know using miles for a domestic coach ticket is a waste, but DL has crap int'l award availability compared to other carriers I fly so it's not even worth the hassle...
Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Request SkyMiles Credit Page Fails - Points to Non-Existent NWA Subdomain

Submitting a mileage request at:
http://dmn.delta.com/skymiles/requestsm/

Re-directs to:
http://prod24.mn.nwa.com/cgi-bin/sm_retro.pro

Which gives you a DNS lookup failure (mn.nwa.com no longer exists). The form needs modified to point to the requisite page on DL.com.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Continental is still one of the airline options in the prompt where FF numbers are entered when buying a ticket.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: NWA Alum (sigh) SkyMSkyMiles Diamond, Charter Member; United MileagePlus Gold
NWA reservation LOSt from Delta.com

I am adding this to 'bug reporting' - but may post as a separate new string as a red-alert. I have an international itinerary for travel later in Feb -- checked NWA.com late last week to fiddle with seat assignments. When I logged in today, NWA.com is no longer -- but Delta had no record of the reservation. When I called plat elite line, they found it, but all seat choices had been wiped out, and of course - chosen seats were filled by others on some segments.

This is an alert to anyone who booked via NWA.com to check Delta - to be sure all reservations have transferred - and to select seats anew, since seat assignments will have been cleared in the loss-and-retrieval process.

I also asked the rep (Dave, who was wonderful) -- about the elite line. After entering my plat number, the automaton asked" will you be using miles to purchase this ticket? [No - I have already purchased]. There are no other call-routing options. I kept pressing '0" (took three loops) until an elite services operator picked up. Dave thought this was weird, too.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
This is for a DL Reserve Certificate. When I went to Redeem Your SkyMiles Companion Certificate here, it prompted me for the Certificate Number which I entered. It then went to a second screen requesting my Last Name and SM number which I also entered successfully. Then it sends me to a page for requesting flights using the companion cert. I enter the origin/destination and dates and get this message:

The cabin class entered is not valid for this eCoupon or Certificate offer.

The only thing is, there is no cabin class choice on the flight request page. Further, the cert is good for certain fare classes in both the F and Y cabins.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:18 pm

In an effort to cut costs, Delta is now able to save $50,000 in data transfer fees by beginning to omit letters from words that you should be able to figure out on your own:

Canceled New York (JFK) 9:00am
03 Feb Canceled
Port-Au-Prince (PAP)
Gate 1 12:55pm
03 Feb Canceled
Sadly, the savings is negated by the CRJ-1000 that the DCI carriers have invested in...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
"Flight Status" page no longer showing "Departed" status

This morning, I dropped future Mrs. RatherBeOnATrain off at ATL so that she could catch 0110. Wondering if she left on time, I naturally tried to use the "Flight Status" on delta.com. The website gave me this information, under the columns "City", "Scheduled", "Estimated", "City", "Scheduled", "Estimated":

Buenos Aires (EZE)
Gate 3 9:30pm
03 Feb On Time

Atlanta (ATL)
South Terminal
Gate E5 6:00am
04 Feb On Time

Atlanta (ATL)
South Terminal
Gate B32 7:25am
04 Feb On Time
Los Angeles (LAX)
Terminal 5
Gate 55A 9:32am
04 Feb On Time

According to flightaware, at 08:53AM, the plane was at 34.72 -92.84 275° West 357 411 0.62 36,000, which is apparently over Arkansas... so I'm disappointed to see that Delta.com is only showing estimated arrival and departure times, including for its completed leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.