Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Which would you like in the CRC, free wireless or a fee with tech support?

View Poll Results: Which of the following options would you prefer in the Crown Room Club?
Free wireless internet access with no technical support.
100.00%
Fee-based wireless internet access with technical support.
0%
Not sure.
0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:53 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rhetor
Worst Part Deux: Not a very good CRC experience. They are often overcrowded with few amenities (e.g., snacks are dismal, little reading material other than local newspapers, expensive wireless where it exists at all...). I think a lot of airline's are eating DL's lunch on this one.
OK--Let me ask everyone about this. Which of the following options would you prefer in the Crown Room Club?

Free wireless internet access with no technical support - Wireless internet access that would have no connection fee, but would have no technical support in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available within the Crown Club only.
OR
Fee-based wireless internet access with technical support - Wireless internet access that would have a connection fee, but would have technical support available in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available at venues outside the Crown Room Club, or even outside of the airport.

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by DeltaCustomerInsights
OK--Let me ask everyone about this. Which of the following options would you prefer in the Crown Room Club?

Free wireless internet access with no technical support - Wireless internet access that would have no connection fee, but would have no technical support in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available within the Crown Club only.
OR
Fee-based wireless internet access with technical support - Wireless internet access that would have a connection fee, but would have technical support available in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available at venues outside the Crown Room Club, or even outside of the airport.

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights
Free internet.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club

Free wireless!!!! I cant tell you the last time I called Tech support!!!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta BIS DM
RE: Wireless

Free is great. Don't need tech support.

However, I'm perfectly willing to pay if it's fast and reliable. Free wifi services are generally neither. Don't compromise on the quality!!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM

OR

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights
Free internet access for sure! I've been to a few CO Prez clubs and have yet to see anyone getting stuck while trying to access the web/e-mail etc.
Oh and yeah, it'd be great if you could use a encryption network somehow. It sucks trying to see people squatting on the floor just outside a club and catching the damn signal.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: Not enough to count anymore

OR

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights

Hands down Free Wireless!!! This is one of my biggest complaints of the CRC.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

OR

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights

Free - I can get all the technical support from my 12 year old daughter
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Free wireless internet access with no technical support
We don't need no stinkin' tech support.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:56 pm

Free.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Free just like in CO and NW clubs is the way to go. As others have said, I've never seen anybody needing technical support.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:00 pm

Free for sure. Considering whether the CRC is worth it when it expires in a few weeks, free wireless would go a long way to justfy the cost.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PM and some other junk I hardly use...
free wireless

edit: i obviously got my threads confused

Last edited by haywiresf; Feb 9, 2007 at 5:14 pm
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:03 pm

Free.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Free wireless all the way. Never have had a problem connecting to wi-fi at an airport.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Thank you mods

THANK YOU to whichever mod did the work to break this out to its own thread, much appreciated

PS would setting this up as a poll make Frank's life easier than having to count all these posts (although the results seem VERY obvious at this point *smile*)

Last edited by Lehava; Feb 9, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.