Search

RealDLInsider -- Thank You!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:22 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

RealDLInsider -- Thank You!

All,

I've noted your several replies to my last posting around the combinability and award rules, as well as some recent discussions around this "white envelope," and I'll followup with some comments on these in the near future. For now, I need to thank you all.

Yesterday, was an amazing day for our leadership team, for our customers and for all of our employees, as we defended "us" against a hostile takeover attempt by US Airways. It was an attempt by a pathetic executive to steal what so many people have rebuilt. When the employees launched the "Keep Delta My Delta" campaign, I don't think any of us could have predicted how much it would have done to rally our employees hand-in-hand, with one voice, and around one specific cause. As importantly however, many of us were surprised to see how many customers rallied around the same cause -- using the same slogan "Keep Delta My Delta!" In addition to these efforts, the websites that were created by our Medallions against the US Airways takeover attempt, and the many thousands of emails and letters we received from our customers, was overwhelming.

This week -- we celebrate, however Monday we get back to work to continue to turn Delta around to finish the task of making her a stand-alone airline that our employees and customers can be proud of. And yes - one that the other FlyerTalkers from other airlines can be envious of!!

I know I speak for 44,999 other employees, and millions of customers, when I say thank you. It's a cliche, but we couldn't have done it without your support.

More to come on the airline and the issues you want to talk about it -- but for now, I need a drink or two! :-)

Thanks again,
Jeff
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Thanks for being here Jeff and Congratulations!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

We Kept Delta Our Delta

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Jeff,
Congratulations to you and the rest of Delta's leadership team and all Delta employees! I'm really looking forward to many more Delta flights in the years to come!

Jim

RATS - Traveller beat me to it, and with a much flashier post as well
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Jeff -

Congratulations to you and your colleagues, you have a great airline. Now just don't forget who supported you during this ordeal.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
I know I speak for 44,999 other employees, and millions of customers, when I say thank you. It's a cliche, but we couldn't have done it without your support.

More to come on the airline and the issues you want to talk about it -- but for now, I need a drink or two! :-)

Thanks again,
Jeff
Jeff....have a drink for us...and for gosh sakes go hire someone so you can make that number 45,000 *smile*

And yes - one that the other FlyerTalkers from other airlines can be envious of!!
From the amount of trolling lately I would say we already have that *smirk*
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:34 pm

pathetic executive
Blasphemy!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Yesterday was a very happy day for many of us!

Congratulations to the Delta Family. (and many of us consider ourselves part of the family.. )

Two suggestions:

1. Send Dougie flowers.
His stupid takeover attempt brought management and employees and customers together in an amazing way. That spirit of family and pulling together will last a long time. Plus, he is probably having a really bad day....

2. Can you get us some We Kept Delta Our Delta buttons? I like Traveller's design.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
2. Can you get us some We Kept Delta Our Delta buttons? I like Traveller's design.
I see it as a GREAT banner out of Delta Lounge CRC Do!!!!!!!!! Imagine the party that is going to be....will be a shame if Dougie's invite gets lost in the mail!!!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
You wouldn't have had the support from customers if you and the other 44,999 employed members of the Delta family weren't doing the best job possible under difficult circumstances.

I will tip a brew at 8:00 EST in celebration of the good turn of events.

(and maybe at 8:01 and 8:02 and ...)

Anyone care to join me? Lehava?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by jimrpa
RATS - Traveller beat me to it, and with a much flashier post as well
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Originally Posted by Lehava
I see it as a GREAT banner out of Delta Lounge CRC Do!!!!!!!!!
I cheated and copied the one I did yesterday from the FT DL lounge. It too me too long to do to only use it once.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:51 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by jackplum
You wouldn't have had the support from customers if you and the other 44,999 employed members of the Delta family weren't doing the best job possible under difficult circumstances.

I will tip a brew at 8:00 EST in celebration of the good turn of events.

(and maybe at 8:01 and 8:02 and ...)

Anyone care to join me? Lehava?
Sure I am in, and you can bet (if I make my connection *biting nails*) that tomorrow evening in First class on the ATL-ELP flight there WILL be a toast or two to Dougie's Demise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if we dont have brownies *smile*
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Congratulations, Jeff!

Although there is still a long road ahead and a lot more work still to be done, I am confident that Delta Air Lines will emerge victorious.

Once again, if there is anything else that FlyerTalk members can do to help Delta Air Lines during this most critical period in the history of Delta Air Lines, please let us know.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum

By the way, I think that Delta Air Lines should now turn around and offer to take over US Airways...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Kudos, and Congrats!! Can I get you a Mile high Mojito?

Nice to see Delta being Delta again!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Enjoy that hard-earned drink Jeff! Looking forward to my trip out to SEA next weekend even moreso now. (Plus, I've had to help out another FTer the past few days on US Airways questions - I was finally able to tell him yesterday that at least on DL, we don't have these issues...).
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Congrats to the 44,999 Employees of DL! My heart skipped a beat yesterday upon reading the news, and I thought I almost had to jump ship AGAIN!!! Keep up the good, no great work and improvements! Looking forward to the new ideas in the future service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.