Search

Delta SkyMiles Program Helper Back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:30 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Delta SkyMiles Program Helper Back

All,

After receiving multiple emails over the years from FlyerTalkers and other customers interested in getting the real 411 on Delta, we've decided to come back online. Although the postings won't be as frequent as most of you might like, they will be directly from me, and not sanitized. As such, they won't be written by a PR firm, they won't always be grammatically perfect, or perfectly spelled, but they will be honest answers on a variety of issues.

To get started -- I thought I'd begin with just a couple of factoids: 1) Our leadership team does read FlyerTalk and we do notice what's hot and not about our airline 2) Regardless of what other airlines claim, or what our customers say, our leadership team and most employees really do care about what the customer thinks. I say most employees, because no airline will ever be able to get 100% of employees onboard -- although I do think we have a greater percent than other airlines. :-) Specifically around customer feedback, many of these decisions we have made since filing Bankruptcy, have been made knowing how important or unimportant a particular component of the program or the airline is to the customer. More to come on this later. 3) As the SkyMiles head, I very much care about how customers perceive our program, and plan to continue doing everything I financially can to make our program more competitive.

The reality -- Our DL team is operating 50% thinner than we were just two years ago and all feel twice as busy. We unfortunately don't have the bandwidth to dedicate someone to FlyerTalk throughout the day and always weekly, but I am going to dedicate some time to go out and help you all out. My goal -- clear up any confusion, try to provide rationale on the whys and why nots, give you all some direction on where we might be heading (where I competitive and legally can), and then most importantly, gather your feedback as we consider various issues. The problems we will likely face along the way is that I won't be able to comment on some things for competitive reasons or because the DOJ might throw me in jail. I also won't have every answer because I don't always know the inner-workings of all of our systems and why something is or is not working. What I can commit to however, is that I'll reply to everything I can openly and honestly, and if I don't have an answer, I'll do my best to research one and get back with you. Since I won't be live online in an actual chat forum, what I'll also likely do is gather up what is being discussed during a particular period of time, and then try to reply at one time to the various issues out there.

My commitment -- I'm going to try and make this work and we'll see how it goes. In turn, I hope you all will be as open and honest as you can with me, and we'll try to make this a two-way street. I have a feeling you all will.

Plan on my first posting regarding a few issues coming soon.

Jeff Robertson
Managing Director - SkyMiles
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:36 pm

This is great to hear. I'm sure we'll all appreciate your input. ^
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Welcome to FT! ^
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

A huge welcome to RealDLInsider
^
Thanks, Jeff. Good to know that you are here.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Good Luck...
Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Jeff -

Great to see you posting ! We look forward to the real scoop from you on DL !
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
If you are indeed Jeff Robertson and not an impostor (sadly, we've had many of those on FT), this is a huge step forward in my view. Welcome!
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:14 pm

Wow. Impressive. There's a reason people are so loyal to DL.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:21 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
... plan to continue doing everything I financially can to make our program more competitive.
This thread (or at least what it promises) is another step among several successful ones recently toward that goal.

^
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Delta forum FlyerTalk members, RealDLInsider is just that — and one cannot get any more “real” that the managing director of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles program.

I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting Jeff — er...I mean RealDLInsider — several months ago during the Velvet Rope Tour on May 18, 2006.

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Delta forum in particular, RealDLInsider. We look forward to your participation on the Delta forum. Thank you for joining us in what I expect will be thoughtful dialogue and discussion that is mutually beneficial to both Delta Air Lines and Delta forum FlyerTalk members.

If there is anything you need from us or have any requests, please let us know.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Wink

Having also had the pleasure at the Velvet Rope Tour and seeing some of the discussions that evening actually being implemented, I am quite excited about participation in a more open manner than "lurking."

Welcome to FT.

Now, about lifetime PM status for all FT members ...
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Welcome to FT RealDLInsider...definetely will look forward to contributions to this forum from the man at the top.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 2:49 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by vasantn
If you are indeed Jeff Robertson and not an impostor (sadly, we've had many of those on FT), this is a huge step forward in my view. Welcome!
Vasant, I do believe this is the real Mr. Skymiles *smile*. He has actually been trying to get time to start posting here for a while (boy was that a hard secret to keep *grin*).

I for one couldn't be happier to have Jeff posting here. Jeff was one of the DL folks I had the pleasure of meeting at the Velvet Rope Event and have had some communications with since. I personally have found him to always be very honest and straightforward and not someone to "blow smoke" just to say what we want to hear. He really seems to get it, and also realizes that feeding us BS will only mean we will come after him later for it *grin*

He is definitely on our side and we are very lucky to have him both on FT and also heading up Skymiles!!! It is people like him we need to fight to keep our airline to keep!!!

WELCOME JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS...Drop by the DL lounge anytime we are stressing you out and you need a drink, we have the BEST bartender!!!
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
RealDLInsider welcome to FT. ^

Needless to say the moderators and members that frequent this board will be looking forward to your contributions. Folks, please remember that Jeff will not be able to answer everything thrown at him as he has indicated. Please be patient and understanding as Jeff is doing this on his own free time above and beyond what he is responsible for during his long work week which has been made even longer by DL's bankruptcy filing.

A few years ago I met Jeff at the Freddies in NYC. He had recently started at DL and I must tell you that he spent a great deal of time speaking to a few FT'ers during the cocktail hour when he could have been networking with the many airline people that were present at the event. I was totally impressed by his honesty at the time and we should all appreciate his active involvement here on the DL board of FT.

vasantn, the moderators can confirm that this is indeed Jeff as he had already informed us that he would be making an appearance here on the board.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
vasantn, the moderators can confirm that this is indeed Jeff as he had already informed us that he would be making an appearance here on the board.
I'm very happy to hear that, and apologize for my mild skepticism. But hey, I'm from New York City ... what do you expect?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.