Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

One-Way SkyMiles Award Travel on Delta Air Lines? The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2003, 9:40 pm
formerly bLuJaay
Original Poster

I was wondering if Delta offers one-way mileage rewards? Looking to book a one-way reward from Europe to NA if it is possible.

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Sure... but its the same mileage as the round trip award. That is the exact answer that SMS gave me when I was looking to book a one way LGA-LAS with SkyMiles.

[This message has been edited by NHFL9 (edited 01-26-2003).]
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:28 am

Another semi-related annoyance is that if if you can get one of your legs with a SkySaver award, but for the other one you need SkyChoice, you need to use the SkyChoice rates for the entire trip. If they had one way rates (even if you still had to book a roundtrip), you could atleast save some mileage.

Jeff
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:01 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jwhite4:
Another semi-related annoyance is that if if you can get one of your legs with a SkySaver award, but for the other one you need SkyChoice, you need to use the SkyChoice rates for the entire trip. If they had one way rates (even if you still had to book a roundtrip), you could atleast save some mileage.

Jeff
</font>
Unfortunately, only NW & CO allow you to split mileage levels in half like that.
Is there hope of a change for the better in the proposed 3-way partnership?

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!

[This message has been edited by Brendan (edited 01-26-2003).]
Old Jan 26, 2003, 2:08 pm
formerly bLuJaay
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Just recently Aeroplan announced one-way rewards and they seem to be quite helpful, although the cost of the reward is a little more than 50%.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
One-Way Awards

Can you use your miles to purchase a one-way award (for say 12.5k)? I only saw 25k awards (and higher) on the DL web site. tls
Old Aug 7, 2003, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
No.
As you look at the list of awards, you will not find anything like this. If I remember right, the old charts used to say one way or RT for 20k or 25k, depending on the age. In any event, they made it clear then that one way costs the same.

Sorry.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Thanks for the response. Wonder why ... tls
Old Aug 7, 2003, 2:58 pm
Original Member

I can't remember which, but several years ago,either Delta or Northwest (I *think* it was NW) did offer OW award tickets, for a lessened amount...maybe it was 12.5K.

Not at all sure which, but it is definitely gone now. And, like you, I wonder why. Maybe not enough folk requesting them, so they decided to save on bookkeeping?
Old Aug 7, 2003, 4:53 pm

Programs: GM, GHilton
One trick I use is to book a return way out (I think you have up to a year). Then, you can do the same thing for the return on that one. Better to have it just in case than to lose it.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 7:47 am

Good idea. Definitely something I'll consider. thls
Old Sep 8, 2003, 12:12 am
MRW

New One-way Mileage Award to/from Atlanta

From a contact at Delta...

"For a limited time, customers may book a one-way award ticket for travel between Atlanta and select cities in the U.S. for 15,000 miles. Passengers may originate in Atlanta or at any of the 48 select airports for travel between Sept. 15 and March 31, 2004. If the itinerary qualifies, the award ticketing process will automatically select this special award code - *D115*. Customers who wish to travel round-trip may use the Atlanta one-way fall and winter sale fares and in a separate reservation, may use this one-way award. An email is being sent out to certain SkyMiles members in the selected markets and additional advertisement is planned via radio in the Atlanta area later in the month."
Old Sep 9, 2003, 9:44 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
This is to match AirTran's new one-way award they offer after four roundtrips in coach (or 2.5 in Business Class). I guarantee you that the 48 cities are AirTran's airports plus surrounding LAX and SFO (AirTran starts flying to SFO in November.)
Old Aug 24, 2004, 11:21 pm

One-way travel

Do one-way rewards tickets still require the full 25,000 miles? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:58 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Unfortunately, yes.

In fact, I am not aware of any airline that offers one way awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.