Search

The Sky Deck at Delta Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:53 pm
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

All,
I know there have been some rumors and some of you have seen the pieces in Architectural Digest, but at about 9 a.m. Eastern we will formally announce an exciting new endeavor that I know many of you will thoroughly enjoy.

Delta Air Lines has partnered with.Architectural Digest to develop the airline’s first-ever outdoor airport terraces, called The Sky Deck at Delta Sky Club. One will be located adjacent to the ATL F club, with an opening anticipated this summer. The other will be a rooftop terrace off of our new JFK T4 club which will open in May.

We have been working with designer Thom Filicia and our partners at Architectural Digest to create these unique spaces. Both of the Sky Decks will have spectacular views out onto the operation and runways for those of you who like plane spotting.

I will post a link to the release when it goes live and within that there are links to renderings so you can get an idea of what the Sky Decks will look like. Additionally, check out this T4 construction photo gallery from Jaunted. The pictures that look like they're taken from the roof (15, 16 and 17) were taken from the space that is being turned into the Sky Deck -- that should give you an idea of the view. http://www.jaunted.com/travel-photos...K+Terminal+4#1

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Nice!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting -- I'll be passing through ATL F and JFK T4 tomorrow, wish they were up now, but looking forward to them.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Very nice idea. Thanks for the update.

Just in case DL needs help prioritizing great ideas for implementation... I'm also looking forward to Sky Award Booking.

Next on my list are: Sky Limo (for J pax), Sky Bigger Salads, Sky Showers, and Sky No-Ad Cocktail Napkins (in premium cabins).
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
I like it...especially at JFK
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
This is cool. The only outside area I can remember in a secure airport area are those terrible little quadrangles by the pubs at AMS...(ground level so no view).
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
I remember hearing about this a few months ago... here's the old thread with a link to the YouTube video announcement http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-deck.html
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I myself do not smoke, but I wonder if smoking will be allowed in these outdoor spaces? Even outside, that is a bother for some folks.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
I myself do not smoke, but I wonder if smoking will be allowed in these outdoor spaces? Even outside, that is a bother for some folks.
I hope its not. Remember the previous announcement- and can't wait to see the product ^

And welcome to Flyertalk DLDiamond2013 ^
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
This is cool. The only outside area I can remember in a secure airport area are those terrible little quadrangles by the pubs at AMS...(ground level so no view).
There are airside lounge decks in DPS and airside outdoor airside decks that aren't part of lounges in NRT and SIN as well as AMS. Use of outdoor space at ATL and JFK will, of course, be limited by weather; there's nothing nice about sitting outside on a hot humid day before a long flight.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are airside lounge decks in DPS and airside outdoor airside decks that aren't part of lounges in NRT and SIN as well as AMS. Use of outdoor space at ATL and JFK will, of course, be limited by weather; there's nothing nice about sitting outside on a hot humid day before a long flight.
I had the exact opposit thought about the weather... I was going to post that I hope it's open for when the weather gets nice this summer because nobody is going to want to sit out in the cold!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
Well in NYC there will be no smoking allowed as it is against the law to basically smoke anywhere in public...

As for ATL, I believe it is also against the law... So likely, there are smoke free areas... Good stuff!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
This is a great idea, and will likely spur some one day pass sales by various foamers -- er, I mean spotters -- er, I mean dedicated enthusiasts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:24 am
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

No smoking!
Here is a link to the release:http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1852
And here is a link to the renderings: http://delta.thedigitalcenter.com/ca.../220-sky-clubs
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Great Ideas!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.