Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Reservation Rules

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM
Companion Reservation Rules

In a few months I will be flying XNA-ATL-JNB. I am a PM and am planning to sit in EC on the ATL-JNB segment. My girlfriend is meeting me in ATL and we are going to fly to JNB together however her itinerary is IND-ATL-JNB. Is it possible to somehow combine the reservation so that she is my companion on the ATL-JNB segment so that she can sit with me in EC? I looked at booking the segments separately however the price change dramatically.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
No. But if you call the Plat line or tweet DeltaAssist, you can ask for your significant other to be seated next to you in EC on the flights you are taking together. This request is usually accommodated.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:01 am

Yep...there is an exception made for ONE companion not in the same PNR as the DM/PM on an international segment. As Javabites mentioned above...call your PM line or tweet DA.
(...for your information and edification..the following must be met for the above...
1) Medallion must have selected complimentary EC
2) Companion booked on same leg as Medallion and
3) Companion booked in same cabin as Medallion [Medallion can't be booked in
BE/FC and pull a coach companion up to EC]
And...as a final note....YMMV
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
While the above practice may occur, I would not assume this will be the case. The T&C specify that companions must be on the same PNR.

The Economy Comfort Medallion travel companion benefit is applicable for up to eight companions traveling on the same reservation as the Medallion member.
Reference post #2: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

Good luck!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Yep...there is an exception made for ONE companion not in the same PNR as the DM/PM on an international segment. As Javabites mentioned above...call your PM line or tweet DA.
(...for your information and edification..the following must be met for the above...
1) Medallion must have selected complimentary EC
2) Companion booked on same leg as Medallion and
3) Companion booked in same cabin as Medallion [Medallion can't be booked in
BE/FC and pull a coach companion up to EC]
And...as a final note....YMMV
Is this a company-sanctioned nod to couples that gives gate agents/res agents discretion, or a documented rule (even if only internally)? If the latter, why would YMMV?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Is this a company-sanctioned nod to couples that gives gate agents/res agents discretion, or a documented rule (even if only internally)? If the latter, why would YMMV?
I always...well..almost always end my posts with the YMMV. Because even if the information is documented internally or externally...you never know who knows what, who can find what or how they will make the interpretation of what they find. Just a habit...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
While the above practice may occur, I would not assume this will be the case. The T&C specify that companions must be on the same PNR.

Reference post #2: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

Good luck!
It's an exception...not written in the T&C's...unfortunately. Check with the DM line for verification. Exception for DM/PM international. DM/PM/GM domestic.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by OHDL1
It's an exception...not written in the T&C's...unfortunately. Check with the DM line for verification. Exception for DM/PM international. DM/PM/GM domestic.
Is the exception for any one companion on a separate PNR or just for a spouse?

Also, I assume that one cannot use this exception if you have already brought nonelites on your PNR up into EC, right? So it can't be eight on the same PNR plus one other person as the exception all getting EC for free?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the exception for any one companion on a separate PNR or just for a spouse?

Also, I assume that one cannot use this exception if you have already brought nonelites on your PNR up into EC, right? So it can't be eight on the same PNR plus one other person as the exception all getting EC for free?
The first one I can handle...any "companion" doesn't have to be a spouse/SO.
The second part...I can't handle. Check with the DM line for their interpretation....lol.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
All,

I've updated the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html thread -- I went through and there was some sporadic discussion on this topic.

A companion has been given a seat in a couple of instances...

I hope it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.