MD-90 Economy bulkhead

Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skypesos PE, PP Platinum, HH DIAMOND, AA, CH GE, SPG
MD-90 Economy bulkhead

Looking for quick response for am flight tomorrow. Anyone know if the bulkhead row MD-90 in economy (row 10) has a hard or soft wall in front of it. If soft, can one reach the feet under the first class seats in row 4? I'm debating between row 10B or exit row 27. Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Hard wall. If available, take 10C because the divider doesn't reach all the way in front of you and you can stretch your feet around it. Personally I'd take a window seat in 27 over 26. Sure, in 26 there's no seat directly in front of you, but I like to be able to recline.

Last edited by javabytes; Feb 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm Reason: Off by a row with seat numbering. But it doesn't matter, because apparently I'm wrong...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, Hertz five star
Originally Posted by javabytes
Hard wall. If available, take 10C because the divider doesn't reach all the way in front of you and you can stretch your feet around it. Personally I'd take a window seat in 28 over 27. Sure, in 27 there's no seat directly in front of you, but I like to be able to recline.
This...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
WRONG!!!!! The MD90s haven't had a hard wall in almost a year. When was the last time you all flew them? The hard wall was eliminated when they went to 16F. Soft divider curtain only like the A319s and A320s and 2 class RJs.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Well there you have it. The last time I flew in an MD-90 was within the last several months, but the last time I flew in an MD-90 in Y was... 2010?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, Hertz five star
OUCH! I hate to be wrong on stuff like this! Admittedly, it has been a long while since I was in the MD90. Thanks for the correction.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Every1 Get A Life
WRONG!!!!! The MD90s haven't had a hard wall in almost a year. When was the last time you all flew them? The hard wall was eliminated when they went to 16F. Soft divider curtain only like the A319s and A320s and 2 class RJs.
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner. I fly them all the time out of MLB and this is correct!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if they block Row 10 until T-24 hours?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Row 10 for sure! This seat is has more room than 1st anyways. Usually they will block them until T-24. I usually nab this seat when checking in on the DL app at t-24.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta PM/SC Member
MD-90 bulkhead - wall or curtain

so i'm flying friday and currently have 27B -- which should be full reclining and extra legroom. i'm 5'4" so not such a big deal but when i booked that was the best seat choice. when i check in should i change to 10 B or C or 27B better? i like to be more upfront and on the aisle -- just my preference -- but on't want to lose my exit row seat if it is better than the bulkhead.

have the bulkhead walls been removed for sure???

thoughts????

Last edited by jkramer65; May 16, 2012 at 10:28 am Reason: additional question
Old May 16, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM
bulkhead is by far the best seat in economy on this bird

Originally Posted by jkramer65
so i'm flying friday and currently have 27B -- which should be full reclining and extra legroom. i'm 5'4" so not such a big deal but when i booked that was the best seat choice. when i check in should i change to 10 B or C or 27B better? i like to be more upfront and on the aisle -- just my preference -- but on't want to lose my exit row seat if it is better than the bulkhead.

have the bulkhead walls been removed for sure???

thoughts????
There is at least as much leg room as the emergency row, a first class seat in front of you under which to store your bag (if you're on the three side I suppose you could end up fighting for that space), no funny business with the arm rests at the window, no draft from the emergency exit.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:51 pm

I was on a bunch of MD88/90's last week...all in E+ configuration, all in 10A/B (for MD-90), D/E (for 88). I can say for sure that the 88's and 90's were NOT hard-wall, and included cutouts for bags/feet to rest under the F seat in front.

In all but one of the flights, they released the bulkhead at T-24.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Bulkhead is a soft wall and there is lots and lots of leg room on an MD90.

One word of warning is that if you are in 10C, expect that every Y pax and FA will run into you at least once. Plus, you will be hit by the drink and food carts multiple times as DL got rid of the galley in Y.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Contradancer
....no draft from the emergency exit.
The MD-90 I was on a few weeks ago had, without a doubt, the worst seal of any window exit I have ever sat next to. When not pressurized (on the ground), you could see daylight through the edges in places. In the air, especially on approach, you could hear all of the airflow changes and it sounded like I had my head out of a car window at 60 mph.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM/SC Member
E+ on MD-90s

Originally Posted by HookemHorns
I was on a bunch of MD88/90's last week...all in E+ configuration, all in 10A/B (for MD-90), D/E (for 88). I can say for sure that the 88's and 90's were NOT hard-wall, and included cutouts for bags/feet to rest under the F seat in front.

In all but one of the flights, they released the bulkhead at T-24.
HOW MANY ROWS IS E+? 13C is available right now. i'm assuming a flight from MSP - SFO would have it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.