Wiki Posts
Search

Rip rtarbuck

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Rip rtarbuck

I don't know how many here knew Bob, and I didn't see any posting, but with sadness I learned of his passing today. He died on November 20th, after a battle with cancer. He was 69.

Bob was the first FlyerTalker I ever met, on a run from MSP-LAX the year I first became Silver with Northwest. I had the pleasure of running into him multiple times in those years.

He was part of the festivities for the retirement flight of the last DC-10 on NWA, and the last time I saw him was at Continental DO IV in Houston.

R.I.P., Bob. You will be greatly missed.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
RIP indeed. Enjoyed his posts. Sad week for FlyerTalk.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Very sad week for FT. Sorry to hear about this one, too. RIP, and I hope your upgrade cleared.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Sounds like he was a stand up kind of guy. Prayers go out to his family.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Very sad week for FT. Sorry to hear about this one, too. RIP, and I hope your upgrade cleared.
I'll be having a Woodford for Bob tonight. Almost ironic that I met him on my first MR, and learned of his passing on another.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Diamond
My prayers go to him and his family.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

May rtarbuck rest in peace.

My condolences and thoughts go out to his family, friends and loved ones about this sad news.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by james318
I don't know how many here knew Bob, and I didn't see any posting, but with sadness I learned of his passing today. He died on November 20th, after a battle with cancer. He was 69.

Bob was the first FlyerTalker I ever met, on a run from MSP-LAX the year I first became Silver with Northwest. I had the pleasure of running into him multiple times in those years.

He was part of the festivities for the retirement flight of the last DC-10 on NWA, and the last time I saw him was at Continental DO IV in Houston.

Thank you, james318 for sharing this very sad news with Bob's FT family. My condolences to his loved ones. May he Rest In Peace.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I don't recognize the name but RIP. Always sad to hear.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
RIP .
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by james318

Wow, Bob and I have spent many a DO together and many a NWA thread conversations together. Lost contact with him last year and thought he simply quit the game because of Delta. Bob loved his NorthWest and knew how to game the system well. God bless him and he will be missed. A toast to you tonight my friend! As well as at SIN X!

Thank you James
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
RIP...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
RIP...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
RIP. My condolences to his family and other friends.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
I remember his posts from the old NW board; my condolences to his family and friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.