Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

$50 off Europe Fares, Travel by April 12, 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Anyone else get this?

Get together with your family and friends and get away this spring. See Europe before the height of the summer season and get a one-time discount of $50 off each fare for you and up to nine of your travel companions. Your $50 credit is good on flights flown to 13 select cities in Europe through April 12, 2011.

From the medieval castles of Ireland, to the ancient ruins of Athens and Las Rambla esplanade in Barcelona—springtime is the perfect time to visit Europe. With so many nonstop flights between the U.S. and Europe, Delta can take you where you want to go.

$50 OFF TO ANY OF THESE CITIES:
Athens (ATH)
Barcelona (BCN)
Berlin (TXL)
Copenhagen (CPH)
Dusseldorf (DUS)
Frankfurt (FRA)
London (LHR/LGW)
Madrid (MAD)
Manchester (MAN)
Munich (MUC)
Shannon (SNN)
Stockholm (ARN)
Zurich (ZRH)
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is there a link in the email?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Nope, just a certificate number and redemption code.

If anyone can use this PM me
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM, LH FTL
Originally Posted by branman1986
Is there a link in the email?
I just received the email and it has a Certificate number and Redemption code to use - so I would assume all emails are targeted.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
I got this. If you redeem the certificate, you are not eligible for mileage accrual on the flights. It's not really worth the $50 discount.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by elkapong
I got this. If you redeem the certificate, you are not eligible for mileage accrual on the flights. It's not really worth the $50 discount.
How do you figure?

Per T&C
Restrictions: This certificate can only be redeemed online at this time, and this must be done on or before April 12, 2011. All outbound travel must be between March 18 and April 12, 2011, travel must be completed per inbound fare rule. Only nine (9) passengers are permitted per certificate. This certificate entitles you to a seat in BusinessElite®, First Class, Business Class, or Economy Class. Discount travel is subject to availability. All fare rules, restrictions, advance purchase requirements, and availability are per rule of fare purchased. Seats available at most fares are limited and may not be available on all flights. Ticket may accrue miles. Tickets are eligible for mileage upgrades.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I actually just got the email...where do you see that? I read under restrictions, "Ticket may accrue miles."
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hyatt, Delta Gold, Continental, United
Yes I got that e-mail too.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I beg to differ:

Restrictions: This certificate can only be redeemed online at this time, and this must be done on or before April 12, 2011. All outbound travel must be between March 18 and April 12, 2011, travel must be completed per inbound fare rule. Only nine (9) passengers are permitted per certificate. This certificate entitles you to a seat in BusinessElite®, First Class, Business Class, or Economy Class. Discount travel is subject to availability. All fare rules, restrictions, advance purchase requirements, and availability are per rule of fare purchased. Seats available at most fares are limited and may not be available on all flights. Ticket may accrue miles. Tickets are eligible for mileage upgrades.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
If anyone can use this PM me
I got the email too. Looking at the T&Cs, it does say the certificate is transferable, but the owner named on the original certificate must complete the booking.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
SkyMiles

Upgrades are permitted per the rules of the upgrade program.

Tickets are eligible for mileage accrual.

All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:54 am

bleh I got $150 coupon, maybe because I went down from Gold to Silver. Anyhow I am booked solid so won't be able to use it.

Code:
First one to use it gets it:
SEE EUROPE THIS SPRING
FOR $150 OFF YOUR FARE 	

Fly to your choice of 13 cities and get $150 off your fare. 	
	REDEEM CREDIT 	

Hello Mr. Gnapoor,

Get together with your family and friends and get away this spring. See Europe before the height of the summer season and get a one-time discount of $150 off each fare for you and up to nine of your travel companions. Your $150 credit is good on flights flown to 13 select cities in Europe through April 12, 2011.

Your certificate number for this offer is: 42CGVUUF

Your redemption code for this offer is: 8RK3Q8O3K

From the medieval castles of Ireland, to the ancient ruins of Athens and Las Rambla esplanade in Barcelona—springtime is the perfect time to visit Europe. With so many nonstop flights between the U.S. and Europe, Delta can take you where you want to go.

See you onboard soon.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by florin
I beg to differ:
When I go through to book the ticket, I get the following message on the page before purchasing:

"Based on the Certificate(s) you're redeeming for this trip:
-If you cancel your itinerary any time after purchasing, you will not be able to reuse your certificate(s)
-You will not eligible for upgrades on this trip
-You will not eligible for mileage accrual
-View your Certificate's Terms & Conditions for complete details"
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
I got the same, and it clearly states that i still get miles.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
Is it possible that the cert books into E class ? the voucher is names EQP18 and DL E class does not accrue any miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.