Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even more E-Jets arriving soon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Even more E-Jets arriving soon

Compass will be taking on 12 used Embraer 170's beginning in May to fly for Delta Connection. The planes are being sourced from Virgin Blue. The planes may fly initially in an all-coach configuration of Y70 until the 2-class cabin can be installed.

Delta is quickly coming up on its cap for 70-seat aircraft per the pilots contract (as it deducts more 50 seat flying).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Always glad to see more E-170s and E-175s. Nice wide seats, even in Y. Book the first 3 rows on these birds for some extra legroom until they are reconfigured.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:34 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Nice! I really do like the E175. But now we have one more aircraft type to keep an eye out for.

And these E-175 could be on 1200 mile routes with an all Y configuration unless they keep this subfleet limited to shorter durations.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
All we need is Gogo on these planes and I will be happy
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
I am just happy they are not acquiring more CRJ derivatives.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by N522US
Compass will be taking on 12 used Embraer 170's beginning in May to fly for Delta Connection. The planes are being sourced from Virgin Blue. The planes may fly initially in an all-coach configuration of Y70 until the 2-class cabin can be installed.

Delta is quickly coming up on its cap for 70-seat aircraft per the pilots contract (as it deducts more 50 seat flying).
can you link me/explain what you mean by the 70-seat aircraft in the pilots contract? I'm just curious and don't follow the pilot/IF-crew labor stuff.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:05 pm

I was just excited as well to hear more of the E-170/175 were coming to the Delta regionals. Unfortunately they were only able to secure 6 E-170's. Glad to hear I am not the only one who enjoys these Embraers!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Good news if they are replacing CRJs. I would really jump up and down if DL bought/leased the 25 former Midwest 717s to replace the DC-9s.

Originally Posted by johnm1019
can you link me/explain what you mean by the 70-seat aircraft in the pilots contract? I'm just curious and don't follow the pilot/IF-crew labor stuff.
There is an exception clause, commonly called "scope" to the pilots contract that allows DL to outsource flying to other carriers. My understanding is that the agreement has several tiers to it: unlimited or nearly unlimited number of 50 seat and smaller aircraft, a certain number of 51 to 64/66 seat aircraft (I am not sure of the exact number of seats but it is something in the 60s), and then a certain number of 76 seat aircraft. The numbers are almost always tied to the size of the mainline fleet, so as the airline grounds mainline jets the number of outsourced jets falls as well (I am not sure if DL's K has that type of clause, but if it doesn't they did an awful job at the table).

The limit is an indication that DL is getting close to the number of 76 seat planes they are allowed to fly under the K.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by personaltravelaid
Amen!!!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by olly94
I was just excited as well to hear more of the E-170/175 were coming to the Delta regionals. Unfortunately they were only able to secure 6 E-170's. Glad to hear I am not the only one who enjoys these Embraers!
I can only remember 3 or 4 flights on the Embraer 170/175. One of them was ORD-SLC operated by Shuttle America, with a six seat F cabin; it was a great flight.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Awesome I would much rather fly on the e175 than just about anything else esp the 88 which is terrible in j
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by personaltravelaid
I agree completely. The Embraers are so much better!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by hnewman
If they will installed it. I'm sure DL will very extremely happy to hear. DL is acquiring some 12 E70 aircraft. I wasn't sure if DL will put on small-haul flight from ATL or MIA or LAX. Is that just a tempoarily a wet-leased from DJ?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
These are great rides in F or in Y. I second the notion of getting 717s, but I doubt that it will happen.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by hnewman
They are in the process of adding Gogo inflight to the CR7, CR9 and E75s. I was scheduled on an ASA CR7 a couple weeks ago, and they were advertising Gogo on the monitors. The flight ended up cancelling so I couldn't take advantage of it, though it was nice to see it would have been available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.