Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So how many value the finger-wag over the miles?

So how many value the finger-wag over the miles?

Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:35 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Ridding DL of Deltalina would be completely unacceptable. Ridding the video of the chubby guy with a shiny tooth, that I can handle. I also can't wait for someone to light up on a flight so I can see a FA calmly advise the offending passenger with, "I'm so sorry, you can't smoke."

She just looks like a 5 letter word that starts with a B when she does the wag and her general attitude.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:40 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by jfulcher
She just looks like a 5 letter word that starts with a B when she does the wag and her general attitude.
Of course she does! She's sexy and sassy. I love it.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
Also be on the look out for a "We Love to Fly and It Shows" Worldwide commercial soon to be released. Just shot a few weeks ago.
A new commercial, or just re-using the old ones?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-365930.html

It was a great promo, would be good to have it back.

Of course my corporate notebook is adorned with my "Good Goes Around" sticker. Not so catchy, but a reminder of better days under Mr. Grinstein and his team.

David
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta DM
Ridding DL of Deltalina would be completely unacceptable. Ridding the video of the chubby guy with a shiny tooth, that I can handle. I also can't wait for someone to light up on a flight so I can see a FA calmly advise the offending passenger with, "I'm so sorry, you can't smoke."
Trust me there are women and men just as beautiful as Deltalina (and she would kill me for saying that) I just had a FA the other day that should be the new safety Demo, and hey, the life vest guy is a friend too, watch what you say, you might have him on a flight to AMS or something sometime soon.

Originally Posted by DiverDave
A new commercial, or just re-using the old ones?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-365930.html

It was a great promo, would be good to have it back.

Of course my corporate notebook is adorned with my "Good Goes Around" sticker. Not so catchy, but a reminder of better days under Mr. Grinstein and his team.

David
New, as in NEW not a recycled old one.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Deltalina is in my Nightmares

It's just me, but I find Deltalina in the pre-flight safety video to be creepy and scary. It's the #1 thing about the cabin service that I would like Delta to change.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Bowgie
It's just me, but I find Deltalina in the pre-flight safety video to be creepy and scary. It's the #1 thing about the cabin service that I would like Delta to change.
I don't see the hotness. There are just too many teeth and they are way to big. I don't see it but that's why there is chocolate and vanilla.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Thank god! I'm tired of getting the 2nd grade finger wag.
+1
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Of all the things for frequent flyers to gripe about, if I was Delta Management this would be my perception of what to address first:

1. More bananas added to the FC snack basket.
2. Reinstate chocolate covered Biscoffs in all Skyclubs.
3. Put a blue dot over Deltalina's wagging finger.

Did I miss anything?

No wonder the online award booking system of SWU issue isn't getting fixed - there are bigger problems that I wasnt aware of!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Of all the things for frequent flyers to gripe about, if I was Delta Management this would be my perception of what to address first:

1. More bananas added to the FC snack basket.
2. Reinstate chocolate covered Biscoffs in all Skyclubs.
3. Put a blue dot over Deltalina's wagging finger.

Did I miss anything?

No wonder the online award booking system of SWU issue isn't getting fixed - there are bigger problems that I wasnt aware of!
The truth is... perception is reality whether you like it or not.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.

She is an absolutely charming and delightful person. Her presence in the video, and her finger wag cause people to pay attention. Considering that 95% of pax never pay any attention to the safety presentation, she accomplishes something very important with her charm and finger wag.

Even those of you who are put off by the finger wag, think about it- at least you paid attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-WHdROoTiI&NR=1
At 34 seconds she uses the job title "Aeronautical Beverage Engineer".

Last edited by Gargoyle; Feb 3, 2010 at 7:31 am
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Really? The number one thing?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:29 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I don't see the hotness. There are just too many teeth and they are way to big. I don't see it but that's why there is chocolate and vanilla.
I'm with you - and her cheeks don't even look natural? And how much and what did they inject in her lips. She looks like a bad plastic surgery commercial.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
roumor has it there is a NEW video for the NEW Delta, not featuring Deltalina. Also be on the look out for a "We Love to Fly and It Shows" Worldwide commercial soon to be released. Just shot a few weeks ago.
No no no - she brings a bit of levity to the flight.

Actually I was told at a DO by a DL emp that Deltalina has become entrenched with the brand due to all the publicity (I know CNN featured it).
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:37 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by Gargoyle

She is an absolutely charming and delightful person. Her presence in the video, and her finger wag cause people to pay attention. Considering that 95% of pax never pay any attention to the safety presentation, she accomplishes something very important with her charm and finger wag.

Even those of you who are put off by the finger wag, think about it- at least you paid attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-WHdROoTiI&NR=1
Great pic, Gargoyle! That's not you, is it? I totally agree---I watch the safety vid every time, specifically for the finger wag. There are two safety vids I bother watching- DL and VS (I still find it humorous)

iCorpRoadie, I wasn't putting him down, I just think the cheese factor of the glistening tooth is a bit much. Has nothing to do with him. The cheese/camp factor of the wag, however, is spot on.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Great pic, Gargoyle! That's not you, is it?
Sure is. And here I am with both Deltalina and Mrs. Gargoyle:

This was at the Sky Magazine launch event a year ago. (when Sky switched format and switched to an MSP based publisher, one with strong connections to the old NWA).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.