Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do we "force" ourselves onto the SDC list?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
How do we "force" ourselves onto the SDC list?

Last night in SEA I had an agent tell me that he had to inventory available to put me on the Same Day Standby List. He had no inventory so he did not put me on the list. The flight went out with 6 pass riders getting on so I have to think I would have at least had a shot at getting a seat.

I've heard FTers before talk about how they have pushed to get on the list. I've never had to push but I am now ready to have that in my tool belt if it is needed.

Anyone wanna let me know they do this? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I had this issue back in June. The only way I could get on the list was using a kiosk. Send DL an e-mail, some agents don't understand the concept of SDS.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...y-pms-gms.html
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Your title references Same Day Confirmed, but you say Standby in the body...they are two different things. Assuming you meant SDC, there must be coach availability in order to be able to switch to the flight. If there is none available, then it's not possible.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I had it happen to me in SEA - through no fault of Delta. If there are no seats available, SDC doesn't matter. I spent most of a friday in the airport, always #1 on the standby list, but never clearing becuase everyone showed up. There was a small group of non-revs looking for seats, some had been trying for a day and a half to get out.

Happily for me, a flight mechanicalled, passengers de-planed, and one passenger decided to go outside for a smoke. Plane fixed, and the GREAT gate agents in SEA got me onto that flight in his seat. Sadly, the nicotene adict was in for a rude surprise!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:31 am

The magic term is "B1"

Ask to be added to the "B1" list and they'll know what you are talking about.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by scotty00
Your title references Same Day Confirmed, but you say Standby in the body...they are two different things.
That was my confusion with the OP as well.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Bad title. My fault. I wanted to force myself onto the standby list, not the confirmed list. It'd be great to be force ourselves onto the confirmed list but that's a secret none of us have figured out yet, eh? I've never heard of there having to be inventory available to just get on the list.

6 Non Revs getting on the flight though when he would not even let me get on the standby list really upset me. I just wrote my letter to Delta though so we'll see what happens.

Sorry for the confusing title...
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Happily for me, a flight mechanicalled, passengers de-planed, and one passenger decided to go outside for a smoke. Plane fixed, and the GREAT gate agents in SEA got me onto that flight in his seat. Sadly, the nicotene adict was in for a rude surprise!
That's dirty .
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
I just keep asking for another agent until one knows what's up. The most recent time i did this i got an agent who used to be an airport agent and he said he wasn't supposed to do it over the phone but since he used to be a GA he knew how and would help me out. apparently this is something normally only done at the airport so the phone agents don't know how, at least that's the explanation i got. so best bet is to go to the airport, unfortunately
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by gte157q
I just keep asking for another agent until one knows what's up. The most recent time i did this i got an agent who used to be an airport agent and he said he wasn't supposed to do it over the phone but since he used to be a GA he knew how and would help me out. apparently this is something normally only done at the airport so the phone agents don't know how, at least that's the explanation i got. so best bet is to go to the airport, unfortunately
Same Day Standby is Airport Only. PSS agents can't do it.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by skoker
The magic term is "B1"

Ask to be added to the "B1" list and they'll know what you are talking about.
SDSB is not coded as B1 even though most people think of it as stand-by. Agents need to put in the correct priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.