FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   evid-doers working the SFO SC..be careful with those daypasses (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/997429-evid-doers-working-sfo-sc-careful-those-daypasses.html)

alison11 Sep 21, 2009 8:48 pm

evid-doers working the SFO SC..be careful with those daypasses

Flew jfk-sfo last week. Used a Skyclub day pass in JFK. Wonderful. I could not have been happier with the service. Then I went to SFO. They must speak a different kind of "English" there

It started when the gatekeeper agent/henchman told me my pass was no good. It had expired on 9-15, apparently, he said. Funny thing how I received it in the mail from Skybonus on 9-18, and used it earlier that day in jfk. EXPIRATION DATE 9-15-2010 is what the line at the bottom of my card read. (apparentlly they are good for a year from issue date. It was also nice of Delta to fedex the 4 little cards to me, though outrageous and wasteful.)

So he pulled out his red sharpie and wrote all over my pass how it was void. After I objected, tempted to explain the concept of "day," he said that as a "special exception" he would let me use the lounge. But only once today.

I was beyond dissatisfied with the snack selection. I receive better food choices at my local convenience store. 10 minutes later, he's back. he wants to see my ID again. Apparently I have changed identities in his mind. Then he tells me I have to leave. A reiteration of the meanings of "day," "expiration," and "date" did no good. Mr. Henchman and Ms. Henchwoman also threatened to call the police if I did not leave.

Be careful with those SC day passes. The meaning of "expiration date" and "issue date" morph in to new meanings at the SFO SC

goodandclassy Sep 21, 2009 8:54 pm

yikes! it makes me want to fly across the country for a good argument!
shafty experience, it seems like... sorry!

email delta, maybe they will replace the void pass!

p.s. were you traveling in F? If so, you need no sky club pass for the lounge on either side of the journey...

AndyTLe Sep 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Send DL an e-mail regarding the day pass.

Evan! Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by goodandclassy (Post 12416667)
yikes! it makes me want to fly across the country for a good argument!
shafty experience, it seems like... sorry!

email delta, maybe they will replace the void pass!

p.s. were you traveling in F? If so, you need no sky club pass for the lounge on either side of the journey...

Not F, paid F, IIRC. I don't even think a FC award ticket gets you free SC access. True its been a while since I didn't have a SC membership but before that I believe when I was upgraded to F I did not get CRC access as a bonus.

WBurcham Sep 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 12416761)
Not F, paid F, IIRC. I don't even think a FC award ticket gets you free SC access. True its been a while since I didn't have a SC membership but before that I believe when I was upgraded to F I did not get CRC access as a bonus.

No.

F pax flying (or returning) JFK-SEA/SFO/SAN/LAX/DEN all have SkyClub access on the direct flights in F (paid or upgraded).

Evan! Sep 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 12416787)
No.

F pax flying (or returning) JFK-SEA/SFO/SAN/LAX/DEN all have SkyClub access on the direct flights in F (paid or upgraded).

Damn. I keep forgetting that those trans-cons have a different set of rules. My bad.

WBurcham Sep 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 12416798)
Damn. I keep forgetting that those trans-cons have a different set of rules. My bad.

:D

So for the OP, if he/she was in F, sounds like they got screwed TWICE.

ifette Sep 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Out of curiosity, which one are you talking about? The one outside of security in T1 is a former CRC. The one in International Terminal A, after security, is a former WC. I find the staff to be quite friendly in the former WC - the guy who's usually in the former CRC early weekday mornings is also quite friendly, the rest of the former CRC people not so much.

alison11 Sep 21, 2009 10:10 pm

triple screwed

They also neglected to give me the correct eqm for my PAID F ticket...

On another note, the henchpeople will also question at length why you stopped at the SC AFTER arriving in SF. At one point they were trying to convince me that the SC is only for PRE_FLIGHT use when using a day pass.

This reeked of power tripping, DIY rulemaking, and an absence of reason. None of the "federal safety regulations" that FA's dream up can come close to the Twilight Zone nature of my trip to the SC.

alison11 Sep 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by ifette (Post 12416899)
Out of curiosity, which one are you talking about? The one outside of security in T1 is a former CRC. The one in International Terminal A, after security, is a former WC. I find the staff to be quite friendly in the former WC - the guy who's usually in the former CRC early weekday mornings is also quite friendly, the rest of the former CRC people not so much.

terminal 1, upstairs. It's nice to know that Kim Jong Il and Cruella have jobs though. It's got to be tough in this recession to find a job.

WBurcham Sep 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by alison11 (Post 12416908)
They also neglected to give me the correct eqm for my PAID F ticket...

On another note, the henchpeople will also question at length why you stopped at the SC AFTER arriving in SF. At one point they were trying to convince me that the SC is only for PRE_FLIGHT use when using a day pass.

This reeked of power tripping, DIY rulemaking, and an absence of reason. None of the "federal safety regulations" that FA's dream up can come close to the Twilight Zone nature of my trip to the SC.

Wow.....

thujone Sep 22, 2009 12:09 am

Friendly and helpful staff at SFO Crown Room

In my long experience, and the experience of previous posters to this forum, the staff at the SFO Crown Room are invariably friendly and helpful. The incendiary bombastic language used by the OP, referring to the CRC staff as Evil doers and henchpeople, speaks volumes about the character of the OP.

MrAndy1369 Sep 22, 2009 12:28 am

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience :( I don't blame you at all, honestly. I mean, you paid a lot of money and got pretty lousy service, then to rub salt in the wound, you didn't get the proper EQM's credited. Yikes!

If I were you, I'd be on the phone pronto with DL to straighten this out, and a replacement SC pass is definitely due.

For the other people who said those negative things about you, ignore them. It's OK to use funny descriptions of people who really pissed you off. ;)

Let us know what happens!

raehl311 Sep 22, 2009 3:25 am

Did you escalate? I would not have left prior to seeing the most head honcho responsible for that Skyclub that was there that day, and noting the precise names of the people you were dealing with. That whole thing is just completely ridiculous and uncalled for.

I've been a WorldClub member for about 3 years now, and the only thing even mildly approaching a not entirely pleasant experience with the lounge staff at NW, CO or DL lounges was recently getting the 3rd degree on using the lounge in LAX upon arrival (wanted to check it out and see if I should worry about arriving TOO early on the way back). But even there I was let in in short order.

I think it's especially important when you encounter bad apples to make sure those apples get flagged.

LibFlyer Sep 22, 2009 4:37 am

Originally Posted by thujone (Post 12417235)
In my long experience, and the experience of previous posters to this forum, the staff at the SFO Crown Room are invariably friendly and helpful. The incendiary bombastic language used by the OP, referring to the CRC staff as Evil doers and henchpeople, speaks volumes about the character of the OP.

Give the OP a break. S/he had a very bad experience. The colorful language is not out of place.