Thumbs up to the staff at the LAX SC

Old Sep 21, 09, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Thumbs up to the staff at the LAX SC

I have called DL out many times for the bad stuff...so here is another post about the good stuff:

Just moved to LAX and have started going to the SC there. The staff have been great and I have to say, better than the old WC in T-3. I went in last night and the agent at the front desk recognized me and called me by name after only being in there 2 prior times. She then scanned my WC card (as always, had to enter it manually cuz it's so worn out) and informed me that my membership was up next month and asked if I wanted to re-up now. I told her that I was a Diamond to-be and I would probably buy day passes until March. She said : "Wow, we have been told about you guys and you can expect nothing but total attention from all SC staff!" "It's about time they (DL) give folks like you free membership....125k a year is amazing and I can see you have way more than that!" I thought it was great that she new my name and was so thankful for my business. About a half hour later I am typing on my laptop and I fell a tap on the shoulder. It was the SC agent with a coupon for 2500 miles thanking me for my business again.

To this I say: DL, If YOU THINK FOR ONE MINUTE I CAN BE BOUGHT WITH PRAISE AND MILES.....You are absolutely correct, I CAN be bought with praise and miles !
Old Sep 21, 09, 6:39 pm

Only been to the LAX SC (when it was a CRC ) a handful of times but from what I remember, definitely had some of the best staff in the system...and certainly much better than the LAX ticket agents :P!
Old Sep 21, 09, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
OP, FYI a 30-day pass for $90 might be more economical than a $50 day pass. I like the LAX DSC but it is way too crowded at night during the redeye bank of flights.
Old Sep 21, 09, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
OP, FYI a 30-day pass for $90 might be more economical than a $50 day pass. I like the LAX DSC but it is way too crowded at night during the redeye bank of flights.

I may do that but I have 2 BE transpac and 1 BE TATL flights between Nov 1 and Dec 31 so those are freebies and then I am on AA for the entire month of Jan. Still, at $90 bucks I only need to use it 3 times and I am ahead of the game so that may be the ticket.

I have been going at around 6PM lately and it starts out pretty open but does fill up over the hour I am there. I usually just go sit in the atrium if it gets too packed. Still, the WC in the other terminal was much smaller and seemed even more packed.
Old Sep 21, 09, 7:04 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
When I was there a couple weeks ago they told me the plans (and $$$) had been approved for the renovation (which among other things included turning the atrium into usable space) and they hoped to start construction by the end of the year.
Old Sep 21, 09, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
When I was there a couple weeks ago they told me the plans (and $$$) had been approved for the renovation (which among other things included turning the atrium into usable space) and they hoped to start construction by the end of the year.
Drinking a beer in the atrium due to the lack of seats and looking down into the concourse, is the one joy I get out of the LAX SC.
Old Sep 21, 09, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by FLLDL View Post
Drinking a beer in the atrium due to the lack of seats and looking down into the concourse, is the one joy I get out of the LAX SC.
Same here. There's nothing like enjoying an adult beverage while exchanging glances with the 'unwahsed' masses below.

MO
Old Sep 21, 09, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Just moved to LAX and have started going to the SC there. The staff have been great and I have to say, better than the old WC in T-3.

To this I say: DL, If YOU THINK FOR ONE MINUTE I CAN BE BOUGHT WITH PRAISE AND MILES.....You are absolutely correct, I CAN be bought with praise and miles !
T2 was no Ritz, but I felt more confortable there, and they always had something healthy to snack on, no fake cheese.
Old Sep 21, 09, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I'm there about a dozen times a year. Their agents are always so pleasant and really helpful when I have to book strange itins and delta.com is not helping. True, it gets crowded in there, but the staff is always great. The bartenders are pleasant too.
Old Sep 21, 09, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
T5 SC was so crowded on Thursday that I ended up going to the PC in T6. When I got to the SC, there was a line out the door waiting to check in, with a bunch of people at the desk doing things that appeared far more complex/time consuming than checking someone in. Eventually I just held up my WC card and walked in, decided that inside was equally crowded, and left for the PC.

T2 WC wasn't what I would call luxurious, but now that they've combined the two it's simply too crowded.
Old Sep 21, 09, 11:54 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
A while back one of the agents in the old WC said they were going to take down the atrium to make it usable space and open up the areas behind (the biz desks) as well since it's hardly used....which makes sense...however, when I mentioned it once to the SC staff, she didn't have a clue what I was talking about...
Old Sep 22, 09, 12:35 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Starriott Ambassador, National Exec Elite
It seems to me like these renovation plans might have been a bit more helpful if done early this year, before the merger was fully thrust upon the club. Now, in the midst of increased traffic at that club, people will be dealing with construction.

Sigh. There just seems to be so little insightful, forward-thinking planning being done with regard to the customer end at LAX.

Search this Thread