Upgrade cleared with V0

Old Sep 21, 09, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Upgrade cleared with V0

Been watching upgrade inventory for the 2nd leg of a flight slowly decrease for a flight and when it hit V0 figured I have a shot int he gate lottery since I'm on an M ticket. Oddly enough, at the 5 day window both legs of my flight cleared. The first leg still showed V3 after my upgrade, however the 2nd leg showed V0 both before and after. Not that I'm complaining, but is there something strange going on?

The flight in question is on a 737 and still shows F6 A4 for sale up front. It appears that nobody else cleared as F inventory only decreased by 1 when I got upgraded.
Old Sep 21, 09, 5:57 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Happened to me as well, even though it was X inventory (DL123, JFK-ATL). It was 0 all the time, I still cleared into J. There were only 5 empty seats the day before and after I cleared only 4 were left, so I must have been the only one. Still wonder how, since X was 0....
Old Sep 21, 09, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Been watching upgrade inventory for the 2nd leg of a flight slowly decrease for a flight and when it hit V0 figured I have a shot int he gate lottery since I'm on an M ticket. Oddly enough, at the 5 day window both legs of my flight cleared. The first leg still showed V3 after my upgrade, however the 2nd leg showed V0 both before and after. Not that I'm complaining, but is there something strange going on?

The flight in question is on a 737 and still shows F6 A4 for sale up front. It appears that nobody else cleared as F inventory only decreased by 1 when I got upgraded.
Just an educated guess but if a seat is released into V right before EUA runs and you are next on the upgrade list, V is going to go to V1, you get upgraded and V immediately goes to V0 again. Unless you happen to check it right before EUA runs, all you will see is what you saw.
Old Sep 21, 09, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by berlinflyer View Post
Happened to me as well, even though it was X inventory (DL123, JFK-ATL). It was 0 all the time, I still cleared into J. There were only 5 empty seats the day before and after I cleared only 4 were left, so I must have been the only one. Still wonder how, since X was 0....
Perhaps there's something strange about that flight. I'll be on DL123 in a few days; it's J0 X0 at the moment but the ExpertFlyer seatmap shows a bunch of seats open. (Apparently in Y the seat map is useless for availability, but I read elsewhere on this forum that F/J isn't oversold.) Seems weird since it's a 767 and there are so many J seats...in the past I've never not cleared for a widebody JFK-ATL flight.

At this rate I'll probably SDC onto a flight where I have a shot at the gate lottery...

Search this Thread